#1 2017-12-20 10:42:25

http://high-street.org/sidepic/i.want.to.leave.png


~ click ~

Offline

 

#2 2017-12-20 11:12:02

Isn't it interesting that as the amount of cameras available to take pictures of anything and everything, the number of UFO sightings has dwindled down to almost zero?

Offline

 

#3 2017-12-20 12:20:46

Baywolfe wrote:

Isn't it interesting that as the amount of cameras available to take pictures of anything and everything, the number of UFO sightings has dwindled down to almost zero?

Have the sightings dwinded? How do you know that?

PS -- I don't have a dog in this fight. My response to the controversy of UFO sightings has alway been "Huh." Just because I haven't seen it myself, that doesn't mean it isn't real (and there are some very credible and powerful people who will swear to having witnessed things). On the other hand...like you suggest...why is the evidence always just out of reach?

Huh.

Offline

 

#4 2017-12-20 13:13:44

The top article is maddeningly non-specific. The portion which follows is far and away the most interesting part (because it's tangible, and analyzable), yet they fail to probe deeper and ask the follow up questions. Where did the materials come from; what is the association of the materials with a UFO (is it clear cut and direct, or simply circumstantial), who has them, and why has nothing been published about them?

The Pentagon has reportedly recovered metal alloys from unidentified flying objects that scientists "do not recognise”.

Materials, which are alleged to have “amazing properties”, are being stored in modified buildings in Las Vegas, the New York Times reports.

If we do, in fact, have these materials then a lot can be either inferred or proven from their existence. Yet the DOD's response after coming into contact with these unknown and amazing materials is to close down an agency with a tiny budget (average of $400,000 per year)?

I'm surprised to read such a poorly written and reasoned article from the NYTimes. This may not be the product of 'conspiracy theory' thinking, but it sure reads like a conspiracy theory.

Offline

 

#5 2017-12-20 15:09:11

Smudge wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

Isn't it interesting that as the amount of cameras available to take pictures of anything and everything, the number of UFO sightings has dwindled down to almost zero?

Have the sightings dwinded? How do you know that?

PS -- I don't have a dog in this fight. My response to the controversy of UFO sightings has alway been "Huh." Just because I haven't seen it myself, that doesn't mean it isn't real (and there are some very credible and powerful people who will swear to having witnessed things). On the other hand...like you suggest...why is the evidence always just out of reach?

Huh.

Well, they're not being reported anymore with the volume they used to be.  Not even in the magazines you see in the checkout line at the supermarket.  Amateur astronomers pay more attention to the skies than the professionals do and not a peep.  If all these people are being paid off then I want my check too for not blowing the whistle on them.

Offline

 

#6 2017-12-20 15:27:51

Maybe people are tired of being ridiculed, are wary, and the sightings haven't gone down if you look at what is out there on the fringe sites, they are just not picked up by the media as we have Reptilian Aliens in power anyway.

https://iptrolltracker2.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/foghorn_leghorn.jpg

Online

 

#7 2017-12-20 16:29:00

Baywolfe wrote:

Not even in the magazines you see in the checkout line at the supermarket.

Wait; you know enough about the story content of the supermarket tabloids to give me a statistical snapshot -- from memory? You sure you want to admit this, bro?

Offline

 

#8 2017-12-20 16:49:14

Smudge wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

Not even in the magazines you see in the checkout line at the supermarket.

Wait; you know enough about the story content of the supermarket tabloids to give me a statistical snapshot -- from memory? You sure you want to admit this, bro?

Don't you remember Men In Black.  All the true journalism is found within those pages.  Elvis isn't dead, he just went home!

Offline

 

#9 2017-12-20 16:56:33

Baywolfe wrote:

Smudge wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

Not even in the magazines you see in the checkout line at the supermarket.

Wait; you know enough about the story content of the supermarket tabloids to give me a statistical snapshot -- from memory? You sure you want to admit this, bro?

Don't you remember Men In Black.  All the true journalism is found within those pages.  Elvis isn't dead, he just went home!

I'd forgotten about that part, actually, which means it's probably time for a re-watch.

Offline

 

#10 2017-12-20 16:57:38

SpacePuppy wrote:

Maybe people are tired of being ridiculed, are wary, and the sightings haven't gone down if you look at what is out there on the fringe sites, they are just not picked up by the media as we have Reptilian Aliens in power anyway.

https://iptrolltracker2.files.wordpress … eghorn.jpg

I take your point, and find myself agreeing with you.

Offline

 

#11 2017-12-20 22:04:06

“I want to fly one.”
That is the quote that gives the story total veracity for me.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/p … -navy.html

Offline

 

#12 2017-12-20 22:05:11

The object in this video is obviously Serenity.

Offline

 

#13 2017-12-23 01:33:17

Apparently I wasn't the only one who found the New York Times story about the unknown alien alloys unsettling...

...Ahhhhhhh. Hahahaha. [begins to sweat] The alloys! There are just ... alloys. The alloys are sitting in a facility in Las Vegas and we cannot identify what they are made out of. Look, here is one of the authors of the Times piece on MSNBC reiterating that the United States Government cannot determine what these alloys are:



https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/someo … 1821387673

Offline

 

#14 2017-12-23 08:27:00

Baywolfe wrote:

Well, they're not being reported anymore with the volume they used to be.

I would like to cordially invite you to spend a few days drinking in West Central Pa. with the locals. You will hear of more UFO and Bigfoot sightings than you could ever imagine.  Apparently Clearfield County is known throughout this and many other galaxies as a great destination vacation spot. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that many alien visitors liked it so well that they stayed and now have many generations of families.

Your best option is to wait until the warmer months when the outdoor drinking season kicks in.

Offline

 

#16 2017-12-23 14:11:40

Yeah, the NYTimes reporters may be reporting accurately about what the guy said, but what he said simply doesn't hold water. Or if it does...it's absolutely earth shattering new, it which case why the hell didn't they use banner headlines and run special editions?

Either way, the reporters should have determined which they thought was the case, and probed further. As it is...it's just a really inadequate story, which raises tons more questions than it answers.

Offline

 

#17 2017-12-23 18:47:04

I get a kick out of the cocky guys stating we can identify these mystery alloys quickly.......they've seen everything.....well that solves that, NASA doesn't need to take soil samples out there anymore......cool.... just call these guys and they'll do it over the phone with a grad student....

Offline

 

#18 2017-12-24 10:32:01

Bigcat wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

Well, they're not being reported anymore with the volume they used to be.

I would like to cordially invite you to spend a few days drinking in West Central Pa. with the locals. You will hear of more UFO and Bigfoot sightings than you could ever imagine.  Apparently Clearfield County is known throughout this and many other galaxies as a great destination vacation spot. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that many alien visitors liked it so well that they stayed and now have many generations of families.

Your best option is to wait until the warmer months when the outdoor drinking season kicks in.

Having grown up in Northeast OH, I can't imagine spending any of my remaining time on this planet anywhere near West Central, PA.

Offline

 

#19 2017-12-24 10:42:36

Mugwump wrote:

I get a kick out of the cocky guys stating we can identify these mystery alloys quickly.......they've seen everything.....well that solves that, NASA doesn't need to take soil samples out there anymore......cool.... just call these guys and they'll do it over the phone with a grad student....

Maybe, but a quick glance at the Periodic Table will inform you that there doesn't appear to be an available slot for any new metals.  No new metals, no new alloys.  So, not saying impossible, but the scientists on staff at Scientific American are definitely some of the smartest guys in the room and until these alloys have been examined by the scientific community at large I'm willing to go along with, "it ain't necessarily so."

Offline

 

#20 2017-12-24 15:39:07

Baywolfe wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

Well, they're not being reported anymore with the volume they used to be.

I would like to cordially invite you to spend a few days drinking in West Central Pa. with the locals. You will hear of more UFO and Bigfoot sightings than you could ever imagine.  Apparently Clearfield County is known throughout this and many other galaxies as a great destination vacation spot. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that many alien visitors liked it so well that they stayed and now have many generations of families.

Your best option is to wait until the warmer months when the outdoor drinking season kicks in.

Having grown up in Northeast OH, I can't imagine spending any of my remaining time on this planet anywhere near West Central, PA.

I'm just sayin'... You wanna hear about some UFO sighting or not?

Offline

 

#21 2017-12-24 19:00:34

Baywolfe wrote:

Mugwump wrote:

I get a kick out of the cocky guys stating we can identify these mystery alloys quickly.......they've seen everything.....well that solves that, NASA doesn't need to take soil samples out there anymore......cool.... just call these guys and they'll do it over the phone with a grad student....

Maybe, but a quick glance at the Periodic Table will inform you that there doesn't appear to be an available slot for any new metals.  No new metals, no new alloys.  So, not saying impossible, but the scientists on staff at Scientific American are definitely some of the smartest guys in the room and until these alloys have been examined by the scientific community at large I'm willing to go along with, "it ain't necessarily so."

..and you are right...but those are earth's findings....what if we're missing something with our higher physics/math here on earth.....what if there's another more advanced system of obtaining the data....remember, we don't really know everything at all .....we're likely 'the newbies' on the block....??

Offline

 

#22 2017-12-24 19:11:20

The whole basis of physics and astrophysics and astronomy works on the assumption that the properties of matter (and everything else too, like time and space and energy) are consistent across the universe. This is not just guess work; it has been proven to be the case by countless experiments and observations. Because this is true, we have been able to do things like fly to the moon, and develop nuclear power here on earth (since it works here just as it does in the sun).

Could it be found that we got some major part of it wrong? Perhaps, but now you are talking about a revolution which would cause a rewrite of everything we know and have observed.

Personally, I think it more likely that the NYTimes reporter was sloppy in his reporting and writing, and the guy they interviewed was perhaps a bit TOO MUCH of an enthusiast on the subject of alien visitations (it happens). That's more likely that that hundreds of thousands of scientists (including geniuses like Einstein and Newton and Galileo) have got it all wrong.

Offline

 

#23 2017-12-24 20:40:10

http://high-street.org/img/short-spacer.gifhttp://high-street.org/img/short-spacer.gifhttp://high-street.org/img/short-spacer.gifhttp://high-street.org/img/short-spacer.gifhttp://high-street.org/sidepic/spacemanspiff3.png
http://high-street.org/sidepic/spacealiens09.jpg

Offline

 

#24 2017-12-24 20:56:50

https://high-street.org/sidepic/Martians.flying.finer.plane.chester.the.molester.jpg


Dwaine Tinsley, aka Chester The Molester, and onceuponatime chief cartoonist for Larry Flynt's Hustler magazine.

Offline

 

#25 2017-12-24 21:53:35

Smudge
"Could it be found that we got some major part of it wrong? Perhaps, but now you are talking about a revolution which would cause a rewrite of everything we know and have observed." 
What did quantum physics do?

Offline

 

Board footer

high-street.org