#1 2017-11-05 03:13:09

http://high-street.org/uploads/thumbs/307_171030belugarescue07.jpg


http://high-street.org/uploads/thumbs/307_171030belugarescue15.jpg


More here




P.S.  First time in 20 years I didn't drop a moose/caribou/grizz (by choice).
Instead, spent annual 22 days, in the wilds, breathing and contemplating our diminishing wild places.
Had a couple of the grand-kids out for a few days.  Teaching some reverence. On the capitalistic side, paid them $0.25 for every piece of trash
they picked up (could not be our own as we leave no trace). 

http://high-street.org/uploads/thumbs/307_img_7969.jpg



For the record:
Short-span anecdotal evidence indicates climate change is screwing things up.
Nowadays, possess more empathy for critters than "most" hominids...to include never killing spiders and relocating earthworms.
Buddhist Monks  i've interacted with over the years (primarily China & Mongolia) seem more relevant with each passing day.   
Then again, have never been in a sober state traipsing HS.

Denizens, enjoy that "extra" hour of slumber.

Last edited by JetRx (2017-11-05 03:40:44)

Offline

 

#2 2017-11-05 10:18:25

JetRx wrote:

http://high-street.org/uploads/thumbs/3 … scue07.jpg


http://high-street.org/uploads/thumbs/3 … scue15.jpg


More here




P.S.  First time in 20 years I didn't drop a moose/caribou/grizz (by choice).
Instead, spent annual 22 days, in the wilds, breathing and contemplating our diminishing wild places.
Had a couple of the grand-kids out for a few days.  Teaching some reverence. On the capitalistic side, paid them $0.25 for every piece of trash
they picked up (could not be our own as we leave no trace). 

http://high-street.org/uploads/thumbs/307_img_7969.jpg



For the record:
Short-span anecdotal evidence indicates climate change is screwing things up.
Nowadays, possess more empathy for critters than "most" hominids...to include never killing spiders and relocating earthworms.
Buddhist Monks  i've interacted with over the years (primarily China & Mongolia) seem more relevant with each passing day.   
Then again, have never been in a sober state traipsing HS.

Denizens, enjoy that "extra" hour of slumber.

Right on, brother.

(although I am about ready to slap the shit out of a deer if they don't stop eating my apple trees down to the ground.)

Last edited by Bigcat (2017-11-05 10:20:00)

Offline

 

#3 2017-11-05 10:23:37

Bigcat wrote:

Right on, brother.

Just eat 'em if you shoot 'em, it's the natural order of things.

Offline

 

#4 2017-11-05 14:15:03

Emmeran wrote:

natural order of things

I wonder if Homo sapiens can have any control over evolution regardless of the role they may have played in it.

Offline

 

#5 2017-11-05 14:18:58

Hey Jarhead

Offline

 

#6 2017-11-05 15:06:11

Bigcat wrote:

(although I am about ready to slap the shit out of a deer if they don't stop eating my apple trees down to the ground.)

I picked off them scoundrels as a kid with a purpose made wrist rocket, and green crab apples for amo.

Offline

 

#7 2017-11-05 18:09:54

choad wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

(although I am about ready to slap the shit out of a deer if they don't stop eating my apple trees down to the ground.)

I picked off them scoundrels as a kid with a purpose made wrist rocket, and green crab apples for amo.

If you scatter around blood meal fertilizer, they don't seem to like that at all.

Offline

 

#8 2017-11-05 18:41:04

Baywolfe wrote:

choad wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

(although I am about ready to slap the shit out of a deer if they don't stop eating my apple trees down to the ground.)

I picked off them scoundrels as a kid with a purpose made wrist rocket, and green crab apples for amo.

If you scatter around blood meal fertilizer, they don't seem to like that at all.

Thanks, I will try that.

Fuckers are getting pretty comfortable in their surroundings here. The fruit trees I am speaking of are about 15' from my patio. I could reach a deer from my chair. when I jump out and yell they walk to the edge of the woods and wait for me to go in the house. They are about to lose their only ally in Western Pa.

Paintball anyone?

Offline

 

#9 2017-11-05 20:16:47

MSG Tripps wrote:

Hey Jarhead

Yo Top

Offline

 

#10 2017-11-05 21:27:26

Bigcat wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

choad wrote:


I picked off them scoundrels as a kid with a purpose made wrist rocket, and green crab apples for amo.

If you scatter around blood meal fertilizer, they don't seem to like that at all.

Thanks, I will try that.

Fuckers are getting pretty comfortable in their surroundings here. The fruit trees I am speaking of are about 15' from my patio. I could reach a deer from my chair. when I jump out and yell they walk to the edge of the woods and wait for me to go in the house. They are about to lose their only ally in Western Pa.

Paintball anyone?

LOL.  We also maintained a salt lick and spread out deer corn at the edge of the woods to encourage them to stay the fuck in the trees.

Offline

 

#11 2017-11-06 10:53:15

Baywolfe wrote:

We also maintained a salt lick and spread out deer corn at the edge of the woods to encourage them to stay the fuck in the trees.

That is exactly what pisses me off. I have feeders around the property about 300yds from my fruit trees. I also have old-gone-wild apple trees out there. Fuckers walk right over that stuff to come eat family dinner on my patio. It's the craziest thing in the world.

Offline

 

#12 2017-11-06 14:17:28

Bigcat wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

We also maintained a salt lick and spread out deer corn at the edge of the woods to encourage them to stay the fuck in the trees.

That is exactly what pisses me off. I have feeders around the property about 300yds from my fruit trees. I also have old-gone-wild apple trees out there. Fuckers walk right over that stuff to come eat family dinner on my patio. It's the craziest thing in the world.

...need a bigger dog....

Offline

 

#13 2017-11-06 17:07:08

Mugwump wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

We also maintained a salt lick and spread out deer corn at the edge of the woods to encourage them to stay the fuck in the trees.

That is exactly what pisses me off. I have feeders around the property about 300yds from my fruit trees. I also have old-gone-wild apple trees out there. Fuckers walk right over that stuff to come eat family dinner on my patio. It's the craziest thing in the world.

...need a bigger dog....

Or a bigger freezer.

Offline

 

Board footer

high-street.org