#51 2007-11-02 22:05:46

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7705/highstreetwonderuy6.png

Offline

 

#52 2007-11-02 22:18:22

Oh, my fucking lord! Sweet Jesus, Tain't, do your neighbors know about you?!

That's fucking priceless.

Offline

 

#53 2007-11-02 22:26:11

choad wrote:

Oh, my fucking lord! Sweet Jesus, Tain't, do your neighbors know about you?!

My neighbors? You mean the guy in the cell next to me? Ah, we're good buddies.

Offline

 

#54 2007-11-02 22:30:21

orangeplus wrote:

and up to 750 px wide (wider than they are now) I will do so immediately.

You're a miracle worker. I couldn't figure out how to stretch that wider than 600px.

No, please don't go there, Taint.

Offline

 

#55 2007-11-02 22:55:25

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3039/highsgtreetwouldntyouwr2.png

Offline

 

#56 2007-11-02 23:03:51

pALEPHx wrote:

choad wrote:

Yeah, yeah, I'm tedious.

Extremely.

Know what? You were right. Whatever I said before about this shit, please ignore it and follow your heart, or whichever part of your anatomy moves you. Compared to you guys, I don't know shit.

Offline

 

#57 2007-11-02 23:36:33

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/2882/hsolightiu5.jpg

Offline

 

#58 2007-11-02 23:47:57

Perfect.  Just perfect.

Offline

 

#59 2007-11-02 23:51:32

This may be a little retro...
http://high-street.org/header/Logo1.gif

Last edited by Zookeeper (2007-11-03 22:20:49)

Offline

 

#60 2007-11-03 00:19:46

Zookeeper wrote:

This may be a little retro...

No, retro is function keys on the fucking left, where Cthulhu meant them to go.

Offline

 

#61 2007-11-03 03:11:05

choad wrote:

...please ignore it and follow your heart, or whichever part of your anatomy moves you.

Ja, ten years of graphic design in NYC are useless in the face of so many MS Paint professionals. You send up a flare when you know what you having. I've got other tables to bus...

http://balamb.sakura.ne.jp/mt/simpre/simimg/busboy.jpg

Offline

 

#62 2007-11-03 03:23:44

pALEPHx wrote:

choad wrote:

...please ignore it and follow your heart, or whichever part of your anatomy moves you.

Ja, ten years of graphic design in NYC are useless in the face of so many MS Paint professionals. You send up a flare when you know what you having. I've got other tables to bus...

http://balamb.sakura.ne.jp/mt/simpre/simimg/busboy.jpg

Not just MS Paint, but Microsoft Picture It! Read it and weep!

Offline

 

#63 2007-11-03 12:26:58

Header Upload and maintenance page

give her a spin, all you can do is view headers, view display counts, upload new headers (everyone) and turn whether a header is displayed on and off (if you are at least a moderator). Let me know what should be changed.

Display counts are from late last night, so they may appear small.

Offline

 

#64 2007-11-03 12:46:40

Taint, man, you're brilliant. Larry Craig is my favorite, and in fact I want a christmas card of it.

"Taking a wide stance on the holidays" or something.

By the way, there are two of us at the Toe household, me and mr toe-so if you don't like something I post on the pic thread, it's his.

Offline

 

#65 2007-11-03 16:38:17

Brilliant. And bookmarked, for when I'm feeling festive. What happens when one mod nixes another mod's choices?

Offline

 

#66 2007-11-03 16:40:05

I have modified the header maintenance page to only allow images from 400-800 pixels wide and 100 to 300 pixels tall. Deca, I disabled your new one for it's height. Larger images screw up our ability to make other changes to the interface.

I don't run this show and am making my own rules as I go, so any objections should be aired here and I will abide by the feelings of the group.

Offline

 

#67 2007-11-03 16:42:24

pALEPHx wrote:

Brilliant. And bookmarked, for when I'm feeling festive. What happens when one mod nixes another mod's choices?

At such times trial by combat will be declared and the person who survives will select the whether the image is displayed or not. If, in event, the two combatants are too closely matched and the victor dies within 24 hours of the end of combat, both bodies will photographed in obscene and insulting sexual images with each other and all headers will be replaced with these photos in standard jpg at 800 x 400 pixels edited in MS Paint.

Offline

 

#68 2007-11-03 17:18:22

orangeplus wrote:

At such times trial by combat will be declared and the person who survives will select the whether the image is displayed or not. If, in event, the two combatants are too closely matched and the victor dies within 24 hours of the end of combat, both bodies will photographed in obscene and insulting sexual images with each other and all headers will be replaced with these photos in standard jpg at 800 x 400 pixels edited in MS Paint.

1. I want vidz of the Steel-Cage Moderator Deathmatch. No claymation allowed.

2. 800 x 300 alternating with 400 x 100--and those in between, as we will invariably end up with some banner size queens in here--looks odd. You should dictate parameters for a fixed width, file size and type. Someone will eventually get bored enough to make a 1.8 Mb aniGIF of "Hello Kitty Cthulu." That someone might be me.

3. Seriously tho, this sorta thing doesn't always work well by committee. I'm not being a PhotoShop masochist, but I would love if someone gave me a challenge (as averse to "assignment," as I sense no financial consideration in the offing) to produce an image or two. You don't want to end up with a rotating cast of Buttsecks, Felching, and Dubya images, do you?

Offline

 

#69 2007-11-03 17:21:15

choad wrote:

Simplest anti aliasing for gif transparencies is a 1px stroke effect.

edit: On this site, I almost always stroke with #00034d. Might also try select/modify/contract by 1px. Yeah, yeah, I'm tedious.

I usually stroke with my left so I can still type.

Offline

 

#70 2007-11-03 17:31:43

pALEPHx wrote:

2. 800 x 300 alternating with 400 x 100--and those in between, as we will invariably end up with some banner size queens in here--looks odd. You should dictate parameters for a fixed width, file size and type. Someone will eventually get bored enough to make a 1.8 Mb aniGIF of "Hello Kitty Cthulu." That someone might be me.

3. Seriously tho, this sorta thing doesn't always work well by committee. I'm not being a PhotoShop masochist, but I would love if someone gave me a challenge (as averse to "assignment," as I sense no financial consideration in the offing) to produce an image or two. You don't want to end up with a rotating cast of Buttsecks, Felching, and Dubya images, do you?

I don't have authority to set boundaries around here, I'm just a techie. I have set the boundaries above based on the headers that were already submitted (except for Deca's and Feisty's images which are too tall to fit properly at all, or the text is smushed to the point of being difficult to read.) My preference is for the largest size possible 800 x 300, I think it makes the page look best, but I don't care enough about it to make a serious issue of it, the smaller sizes don't adversely affect the page layout and I wish to error on the side of more people submitting.

I have actually, on my own moderator authority, dropped two images, both from you, that I didn't dig, the creampie image, which just turns my stomach and I can't look at, and the fatguy walking in front of fire with sections of fire missing, which looks dumb and I doubt you wanted it posted at all. You can go an overrule me. Then I can overrule you, and round and round we'll go, all nice and anarchistic. I have no problems with this, it's just the fucking header after all.

If it gets to be a serious issue, we can add locks to strong objections or voting, either work for me and would be easy to implement. We just trying this thing out, lets see how it goes. Plus, only moderators can elevate a header to display (or demote it) and I trust their judgements on the matter than mine alone.

If none of this makes sense, blame the flu (which I thought I had beat) and the combination of anti-histamines and marijuana. I'm having my own personal day of the dead.

Offline

 

#71 2007-11-03 17:50:35

Kim,
submit it yourself:

Header Upload and maintenance page

Offline

 

#72 2007-11-03 17:53:12

pALEPHx wrote:

[ I'm not being a PhotoShop masochist, but I would love if someone gave me a challenge (as averse to "assignment," as I sense no financial consideration in the offing) to produce an image or two.

Would you, could you, do something with a pic of someone using a guillotine to cut off part of his or her own body?  I was looking for stump grinding services and got suckered into the self-mutilation corner of the hweb.


orangeplus wrote:

[I have actually, on my own moderator authority, dropped two images, both from you, that I didn't dig, the creampie image, which just turns my stomach and I can't look at, and the fatguy walking in front of fire with sections of fire missing, which looks dumb and I doubt you wanted it posted at all. You can go an overrule me. Then I can overrule you, and round and round we'll go, all nice and anarchistic. I have no problems with this, it's just the fucking header after all.

If none of this makes sense, blame the flu (which I thought I had beat) and the combination of anti-histamines and marijuana. I'm having my own personal day of the dead.

I really liked the fat guy in red shoes.  Maybe the fire background wasn't well executed, but with the "All dressed up & no place to go" caption, I thought it fit.  Then again, I'm growing to like life in Bushwick.  Thx  & feel better.

Offline

 

#73 2007-11-03 17:55:43

kim

orangeplus wrote:

Kim,
submit it yourself:

Header Upload and maintenance page

Stoned.

Thanks

Offline

 

#74 2007-11-03 18:01:36

DoucheEllington wrote:

I really liked the fat guy in red shoes.  Maybe the fire background wasn't well executed, but with the "All dressed up & no place to go" caption, I thought it fit.  Then again, I'm growing to like life in Bushwick.  Thx  & feel better.

I did too, but in my weakened condition missed them. They are now uploaded.

Offline

 

#75 2007-11-03 18:12:48

orangeplus wrote:

I don't have authority to set boundaries around here, I'm just a techie.

Let's dispose of that ambiguity. You do have the authority.

My preference is for the largest size possible 800 x 300

Thank you.

I have actually, on my own moderator authority, dropped two images, both from you, that I didn't dig, the creampie image, which just turns my stomach and I can't look at, and the fatguy walking in front of fire with sections of fire missing, which looks dumb and I doubt you wanted it posted at all. You can go an overrule me. Then I can overrule you, and round and round we'll go, all nice and anarchistic.

I'm torn of two minds on this. I agree with your decision but pALEPHx with his bowels in an uproar is too much fun to miss.

Offline

 

#76 2007-11-03 18:14:26

Who did the one that said "Where anyone can be President"??

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

Good god.  Mine is coming monday.  As a web designer/artiste...I must stop procrastinating on throwing my hat in the ring.

I think I'm going to start with retro and work my way into sadism.  I"ll keep it visually Pee Gee though.  Wouldn't want to scare Georgie off...

Offline

 

#77 2007-11-03 18:20:03

Roger_That wrote:

Who did the one that said "Where anyone can be President"??

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

Good god.  Mine is coming monday.  As a web designer/artiste...I must stop procrastinating on throwing my hat in the ring.

I think I'm going to start with retro and work my way into sadism.  I"ll keep it visually Pee Gee though.  Wouldn't want to scare Georgie off...

The utility includes the name of the person who uploaded it, for the ones I uploaded I modified them so they show the name of the person who posted them here. You can go there to find out who did what.

IT would be a fairly easy thing to created a seperate forum for discussions on each image. Just like High-street or Back Room, just each thread is automatically created when an image is submitted. Is there interest in this?

Offline

 

#78 2007-11-03 18:26:09

pALEPHx wrote:

I would love if someone gave me a challenge

OK. Try to write a paragraph without feeding me a straight line.

Offline

 

#79 2007-11-03 18:36:18

orangeplus wrote:

The utility includes the name of the person who uploaded it, for the ones I uploaded I modified them so they show the name of the person who posted them here. You can go there to find out who did what.

IT would be a fairly easy thing to created a seperate forum for discussions on each image. Just like High-street or Back Room, just each thread is automatically created when an image is submitted. Is there interest in this?

Yes (interest) on my part.

I hadn't had a chance to look at the utility yet, so thanks for the info.

Offline

 

#80 2007-11-03 18:39:20

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

pALEPHx wrote:

I would love if someone gave me a challenge

OK. Try to write a paragraph without feeding me a straight line.

Hack. One sentence.

edit: check your email

Last edited by choad (2007-11-03 18:41:37)

Offline

 

#81 2007-11-03 18:40:41

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

OK. Try to write a paragraph without feeding me a straight line.

Don't I always? You, of all people, should know by now that I set myself up only if I have a countermove, even if it's silence (and, blabbermouth that I am, that ought to be "straight" enough for you).

orangeplus wrote:

I have actually, on my own moderator authority, dropped two images, both from you, that I didn't dig, the creampie image, which just turns my stomach and I can't look at, and the fatguy walking in front of fire with sections of fire missing, which looks dumb and I doubt you wanted it posted at all.

Pleeze, bitch. I hated the same ones. I do enough of them to choose from, and that's my only point. "Snowballing" was Choad's, and "Fire Freak" was Sofie's. They were never intended to make it into the mix, but you can't tell with folks around here.

DoucheEllington wrote:

Would you, could you, do something with a pic of someone using a guillotine to cut off part of his or her own body? I was looking for stump grinding services and got suckered into the self-mutilation corner of the hweb.

Please specify your preferred appendage/extremity. I doubt it'll make the cut (PunBB, intended), but it might be fun to find source images. Chop, chop!

Offline

 

#82 2007-11-03 18:42:55

Orange wrote:

Deca, I disabled your new one for it's height. Larger images screw up our ability to make other changes to the interface.

Understood - No problem.  That was one of Feisty's which I'd tried to resize hoping that it would work (It never came up for me; So, I didn't get a chance to see).  All that I have is MS-Paint; So, I can't create anything worth a damned.

Orange wrote:

I have actually, on my own moderator authority, dropped two images, both from you, that I didn't dig, the creampie image, which just turns my stomach and I can't look at . . .

Ah, my second choice.  Okay, so, I won't be attempting to up-load any more headers any time soon.

Offline

 

#85 2007-11-05 02:18:18

oh god.

Offline

 

#86 2007-11-04 20:29:14

Ramona Bell wrote:

http://high-street.org/img/wtc.jumper.gif

Awesome.  I came that close to doing an honest-to-god spit-take when I saw that.

Offline

 

#87 2007-11-05 02:35:00

pALEPHx wrote:

DoucheEllington wrote:

Would you, could you, do something with a pic of someone using a guillotine to cut off part of his or her own body? I was looking for stump grinding services and got suckered into the self-mutilation corner of the hweb.

Please specify your preferred appendage/extremity. I doubt it'll make the cut (PunBB, intended), but it might be fun to find source images. Chop, chop!

Oh baby - something major, like an arm or leg.  I did a cursory search but balked at joining more online groups devoted to arts and crafts.

Last edited by DoucheEllington (2007-11-05 02:44:03)

Offline

 

#88 2007-11-04 14:41:36

Ramona Bell wrote:

http://high-street.org/img/wtc.jumper.gif

You know, the more I look at it, the more it looks like he's decided to go out by riverdancing straight to the pavement.

Offline

 

#89 2007-11-05 04:49:45

Tojo wrote:

You know, the more I look at it, the more it looks like he's decided to go out by riverdancing straight to the pavement.

Good eye - I somehow missed that on my first few viewings.

Post-Script:  Okay, I just checked, and this one appears to be enabled; So, why is it that I seem to be drawing every fucking banner with the exception of this one?

Last edited by Decadence (2007-11-05 04:51:49)

Offline

 

#90 2007-11-05 08:39:03

http://i20.tinypic.com/kcz9ma.jpg

Offline

 

#91 2007-11-05 08:50:07

Stop sniffin' macaque hole.

Offline

 

#92 2007-11-05 12:59:56

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

Stop sniffin' macaque hole.

BWAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHA

Offline

 

#93 2007-11-05 13:23:23

Here is my first.  More to come:

Last edited by Roger_That (2007-11-05 14:13:01)

Offline

 

#94 2007-11-05 13:53:39

and my 2nd:

Last edited by Roger_That (2007-11-05 13:53:51)

Offline

 

#95 2007-11-05 14:03:35

Don't pay the ransom, Rogers, I've escaped!

Offline

 

#96 2007-11-05 14:52:15

I cannot Photoshop or use whatever software you guys have to do these things but I do have ideas.

Take Tubgirl and turn it sideways so the shit geyser is pointing left and have it say

High-Street.org above it

and

Lowering the bar since 2007 below

And I am surprised that Lemon Party or the bear pool party have yet to make their debut.

Offline

 

#97 2007-11-05 14:53:21

Scotty, this is why you're not Art Director.

Offline

 

#98 2007-11-05 14:54:04

As if I'm going to touch any of that nasty ass X rated shit from my work PC.

Offline

 

#99 2007-11-05 15:04:57

opsec wrote:

Scotty, this is why you're not Art Director.

Come on!  There has to be something useful that can be made from a still of the pterodactyls fucking.  Or of that sounding video.

Offline

 

#100 2007-11-05 15:06:21

Don't forget that we'd like for people to actually look at the site, not throw up and leave on the first page.

Offline

 

Board footer

high-street.org