#51 2009-01-21 21:51:09

Offline

 

#52 2009-01-22 07:46:22

I've actually made it a point to go out of my way and subscribe to my local, finding out about the jackasses screwing up my life on the local level was one of my new years resolutions.

Offline

 

#53 2009-01-26 23:24:10

It ain't newspapers, but it is about dead tree media.

The Magazine Death Pool

I give newspapers a lot of shit, I know, but they do have one advantage over magazines: old newspapers are absorbent.

Offline

 

#54 2009-01-26 23:51:16

Yet again I ask, what are we supposed to read on the shitter???

Offline

 

#55 2009-01-26 23:56:15

I just went to renew my subscription to the San Francisco Chronicle. Twenty-six weeks of Wednesday through Sunday is now $78. I didn't renew.

Offline

 

#56 2009-01-27 00:13:06

Emmeran wrote:

Yet again I ask, what are we supposed to read on the shitter???

Books.

You perhaps need to work on your diet, by the by, if you're really spending that much time on the can.  Shitting should be an in-and-out, businesslike transaction between you and the toilet.  If you're in there long enough to do more than open the damned newspaper, then you're either eating wrong or you're a passive-aggressive shitter, and I'm not sure which is worse.

Last edited by jesusluvspegging (2009-01-27 00:15:30)

Offline

 

#57 2009-01-27 09:41:18

jesusluvspegging wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Yet again I ask, what are we supposed to read on the shitter???

Books.

You perhaps need to work on your diet, by the by, if you're really spending that much time on the can.  Shitting should be an in-and-out, businesslike transaction between you and the toilet.  If you're in there long enough to do more than open the damned newspaper, then you're either eating wrong or you're a passive-aggressive shitter, and I'm not sure which is worse.

Obviously you don't have a house full of kids

oh and I drink far too much

Offline

 

#58 2009-01-27 18:21:35

Emmeran wrote:

Obviously you don't have a house full of kids

I had not considered that aspect.

Offline

 

#60 2009-01-30 13:54:10

Nice find, George. I enjoyed that very much.

Offline

 

#61 2009-01-30 14:21:59

George Orr wrote:

Just as a side note, I know the reporter who did the story. I should get in touch with him.

Offline

 

#62 2009-01-30 16:53:36

Gawker's reporter insists he'll cry if the New Yorker croaks and I know how he feels. That damn rag just got its legs back. I read it cover to cover and haven't made a claim like that for ANY magazine since the early 80s.

From bad to worse.

I just caught, cleaned and inhaled a humgoid grouper. They'll have gag, hog tie, and goosestep board me for the flight back. Texas still sucks.

Offline

 

#63 2009-01-30 17:20:43

choad wrote:

Texas still sucks.

You don't have to tell me.

Offline

 

#64 2009-01-30 23:18:19

Taint wrote:

George Orr wrote:

Just as a side note, I know the reporter who did the story. I should get in touch with him.

When you do, find out if the old guy croaked yet.

Offline

 

#65 2009-01-31 00:05:01

boy - did you see how thin his acoustic modem was?!?!!  I've got to get me one of those ....  I'll bet it's one of those fancy 1200baud models!

Offline

 

#66 2009-01-31 00:56:57

The newspaper people like to give themselves credit just like the Hollywood people do....  Ever watch celebrities at the Emmy awards sitting around sucking each other's dicks talking about how genius they all are?  Same fucking thing.....  They're a bunch of self-important pricks that are getting their asses handed to them by the competition....

Offline

 

#67 2009-01-31 01:15:53

Emmeran wrote:

I'll bet it's one of those fancy 1200baud models!

Way back when Husband™ was still merely Boyfriend™, I spent every spare coin I had to get him a 14400b modem for his birthday.  It was an O. Henry/Gift of the Magi-level sacrifice.  I still remember the noise it made, and how fucking cheap the housing looked.

Offline

 

#71 2009-03-17 14:43:18

No, not Magnum, Seattle.

Offline

 

#72 2009-03-23 15:37:12

I don't know who this guy is, but he's really on the ball.

Round and round this goes, with the people committed to saving newspapers demanding to know "If the old model is broken, what will work in its place?"  To which the answer is: Nothing.  Nothing will work.  There is no general model for newspapers to replace the one the internet just broke.

Offline

 

#73 2009-03-23 21:24:08

square wrote:

I don't know who this guy is, but he's really on the ball.

Round and round this goes, with the people committed to saving newspapers demanding to know "If the old model is broken, what will work in its place?"  To which the answer is: Nothing.  Nothing will work.  There is no general model for newspapers to replace the one the internet just broke.

Thought I linked that story here somewhere in the last week...

http://gawker.com/5170088/cause-of-deat … rint-media

Offline

 

#74 2009-03-27 17:04:54

If you're not making money anyway, why not make it official?

Offline

 

#75 2009-03-28 19:07:27

What's your opinion of this guy?  I'm watching The Wire and liking it a lot, and I know he worked for the Ballmer paper IRL; but does he know what he's talking about?

Offline

 

Board footer

high-street.org