#1 2008-07-24 00:44:20

http://www.mercadolibre.com.ar/jm/img?s=MLA&f=30594172_5950.jpg&v=O

We'll start with the LP400, the car that brought alien spacecraft to the streets.............

Last edited by Dirckman (2008-07-24 00:46:09)

Offline

 

#2 2008-07-24 00:50:42

......then move to what I feel to be the cleanest most beautiful car design of the decade, the 360 Modena.....

http://www.carsandtuning.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/ferrari-360-modena-by-jn-hephaiss_14.jpg

Offline

 

#3 2008-07-24 00:52:24

I ain't telling you what I drive.

You'd all rip me a new asshole.

Offline

 

#4 2008-07-24 00:54:27

sofaking wrote:

I ain't telling you what I drive.

You'd all rip me a new asshole.

Anything but a fucking Prius!!!!

Offline

 

#5 2008-07-24 00:58:09

Dirckman wrote:

sofaking wrote:

I ain't telling you what I drive.

You'd all rip me a new asshole.

Anything but a fucking Prius!!!!

FUCK no.

I drive something much worse for the environment.

Offline

 

#6 2008-07-24 00:58:35

Dirckman wrote:

......then move to what I feel to be the cleanest most beautiful car design of the decade, the 360 Modena.....

http://www.carsandtuning.org/wp-content … iss_14.jpg

Outstanding.

Offline

 

#7 2008-07-24 01:00:24

http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/11/mcf1d.jpg

No car thread would be complete without including the ultimate in automotive engineering, the Mclaren F1...   This American designed, British built, German powered supercar outdid the performance of all cars in history and fifteen years later is still the fastest naturally aspirated street legal car ever built.....

Last edited by Dirckman (2008-07-24 01:03:45)

Offline

 

#8 2008-07-24 01:02:31

http://image.automotive.com/f/miscellaneous/2007-toyota-prius-touring-edition/1000547+w700+cr1+re0+ar1/2007-toyota-prius-touring-edition-rear-right.jpg

Yuck.....

Offline

 

#9 2008-07-24 01:03:18

C'mon Sofa, can't you even give us a hint?

Offline

 

#10 2008-07-24 01:06:26

Dirckman wrote:

C'mon Sofa, can't you even give us a hint?

Okay.

Rappers and athletes love them.

Offline

 

#11 2008-07-24 01:07:24

My first care was a silver '77 Plymouth Arrow GT.  What a piece of crap.
http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/01/arrow_ad.jpg

Offline

 

#12 2008-07-24 01:07:31

sofaking wrote:

Dirckman wrote:

C'mon Sofa, can't you even give us a hint?

Okay.

Rappers and athletes love them.

You drive an Escalade!!!!

Offline

 

#13 2008-07-24 01:11:49

http://www.edmunds.com/media/reviews/top10/hippest.vehicles/05.ford.gt.500.jpg

What American cars lack in sophistication and attention to detail they more than make up for in price....  The Ford GT stays true to it's heritage as a gorgeous British designed race car built to squash Ferrari in the sixties...  The new Ford GT still outperforms Ferrari but does so for one third the price...

Offline

 

#14 2008-07-24 01:13:00

sofaking wrote:

Dirckman wrote:

C'mon Sofa, can't you even give us a hint?

Okay.

Rappers and athletes love them.

The dodge magnum?

Offline

 

#15 2008-07-24 01:17:30

My first vehicle was a red and white half ton Dodge pickup with a short box...  I loved that truck and the 318 was bulletproof....  Can't say the same for its crappy automatic transmission though.....

Offline

 

#16 2008-07-24 01:19:23

Dirckman wrote:

sofaking wrote:

Dirckman wrote:

C'mon Sofa, can't you even give us a hint?

Okay.

Rappers and athletes love them.

You drive an Escalade!!!!

You're good.

I want to trade it in for something that doesn't cost a small fortune to fill up.

We move vehicles for 6 Audi dealerships, and I like Audis, but they're pretty pricey for a vehicle to shuttle kids around in.

Have any suggestions?

Offline

 

#17 2008-07-24 01:22:26

Dirckman wrote:

My first vehicle was a red and white half ton Dodge pickup with a short box...  I loved that truck and the 318 was bulletproof....  Can't say the same for its crappy automatic transmission though.....

Mr. Sofie has a Dodge 3500 with the Cummins diesel.

He uses it to pull a 4-car hauler. It's less than a year old, and the transmission is about to take a crap already.

Offline

 

#18 2008-07-24 01:24:54

sofaking wrote:

Dirckman wrote:

sofaking wrote:

Okay.

Rappers and athletes love them.

You drive an Escalade!!!!

You're good.

I want to trade it in for something that doesn't cost a small fortune to fill up.

We move vehicles for 6 Audi dealerships, and I like Audis, but they're pretty pricey for a vehicle to shuttle kids around in.

Have any suggestions?

I'm not very good at figuring out kid shuttles, but I do love Volkswagens!!  I took a new Golf GTI for a spin the other day and was amazed by the room, sportiness and utility...  I'm guessing that after driving something as large as a full size SUV for awhile it would seem extremely cramped...

http://www.slotcompeticio.es/images/golf_gti_1_9w.jpg

Last edited by Dirckman (2008-07-24 01:28:23)

Offline

 

#19 2008-07-24 01:29:56

Dirckman wrote:

sofaking wrote:

Dirckman wrote:


You drive an Escalade!!!!

You're good.

I want to trade it in for something that doesn't cost a small fortune to fill up.

We move vehicles for 6 Audi dealerships, and I like Audis, but they're pretty pricey for a vehicle to shuttle kids around in.

Have any suggestions?

I'm not very good at figuring out kid shuttles, but I do love Volkswagens!!  I took a new Golf GTI for a spin the other day and was amazed by the room, sportiness and utility...  I'm guessing that after driving something as large as a full size SUV for awhile it would seem extremely cramped...

I had a Passat about 12 years ago. It was a good car, but that was before the kids.

I probably won't trade in my pimpmobile. I like it more than I hate gas prices.

Offline

 

#20 2008-07-24 01:33:49

sofaking wrote:

I probably won't trade in my pimpmobile. I like it more than I hate gas prices.

Gas prices are dropping again, hopefully they fall far enough that these dumbass Prius owners look at that shapeless pile of crap which is exceeded in ugliness only by the Pontiac Aztec and wonder what they were thinking.....  I'd give up at least fifty miles per gallon not to be seen in something so ugly....

Offline

 

#21 2008-07-24 01:35:16

Dirckman wrote:

sofaking wrote:

I probably won't trade in my pimpmobile. I like it more than I hate gas prices.

Gas prices are dropping again, hopefully they fall far enough that these dumbass Prius owners look at that shapeless pile of crap which is exceeded in ugliness only by the Pontiac Aztec and wonder what they were thinking.....  I'd give up at least fifty miles per gallon not to be seen in something so ugly....

Nothing beats a Scion for ugly. Seeing them makes me cringe.

Offline

 

#22 2008-07-24 01:43:26

sofaking wrote:

Dirckman wrote:

sofaking wrote:

I probably won't trade in my pimpmobile. I like it more than I hate gas prices.

Gas prices are dropping again, hopefully they fall far enough that these dumbass Prius owners look at that shapeless pile of crap which is exceeded in ugliness only by the Pontiac Aztec and wonder what they were thinking.....  I'd give up at least fifty miles per gallon not to be seen in something so ugly....

Nothing beats a Scion for ugly. Seeing them makes me cringe.

The Scion is backed up by some real marketing genius....  For decades American youth would lust after only the lowest, widest, raciest looking cars...  When I was in high school my friends and myself would get excited about the Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4, Dodge Viper, Chevrolet Corvette, anything Ferrari, anything Lamborghini...   My dad's generation had the same criteria for lusting after cars, lower, wider, more powerful.....  I hear the youth of today getting excited about Scion and I feel like throwing up a little bit...  How can someone market something that ugly and that gutless and generate any level of excitement at all?

Offline

 

#25 2008-07-24 01:46:28

http://www.shorey.net/Auto/American/Chrysler/199x%20Chrysler%20300%20Concept%20Car%20Frt%20Qtr.jpg

A Chrysler concept they should have built....

Offline

 

#26 2008-07-24 01:50:13

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/10/14490403_ff3d2de8dd.jpg

Small car, great economy....  Same concept as the Prius, but the Isetta is cool........

Offline

 

#27 2008-07-24 01:51:57

I love the coral color of a lot of those older cars....  Too bad they can't pull it off now....

Offline

 

#28 2008-07-24 01:53:05

Dirckman wrote:

sofaking wrote:

Dirckman wrote:


Gas prices are dropping again, hopefully they fall far enough that these dumbass Prius owners look at that shapeless pile of crap which is exceeded in ugliness only by the Pontiac Aztec and wonder what they were thinking.....  I'd give up at least fifty miles per gallon not to be seen in something so ugly....

Nothing beats a Scion for ugly. Seeing them makes me cringe.

The Scion is backed up by some real marketing genius....  For decades American youth would lust after only the lowest, widest, raciest looking cars...  When I was in high school my friends and myself would get excited about the Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4, Dodge Viper, Chevrolet Corvette, anything Ferrari, anything Lamborghini...   My dad's generation had the same criteria for lusting after cars, lower, wider, more powerful.....  I hear the youth of today getting excited about Scion and I feel like throwing up a little bit...  How can someone market something that ugly and that gutless and generate any level of excitement at all?

What about PT Cruisers? Totally gutless. No power at all.

I can't believe they sold so well. Pieces of shit.

Offline

 

#33 2008-07-24 01:57:00

sofaking wrote:

What about PT Cruisers? Totally gutless. No power at all.

I can't believe they sold so well. Pieces of shit.

Amazing how our good friends at Chrysler marketed a small minivan with zero performance capabilities as being "cool".....  I guess the same thing can be said about network television and the quality of shows that they give us...

Offline

 

#34 2008-07-24 01:58:01

http://www.partsobsolete.com/images/stories/Campout/campout2003/campout_2003_010.jpg
Now there's an automobile.  Small, German, lightweight, air-cooled, loud, hard to control in turns.  Like this guy:

Offline

 

#36 2008-07-24 02:03:16

I normally don't give too much credit to sedans, but I love the look of the new Mercedes C Class Sedan...  I actually like it better than the looks of the C Class Coupe...  Almost every review I've read on it has criticized it for having bland styling, but I think it looks very poised and I don't see it looking outdated anytime soon...

http://image.automotive.com/f/auto-shows/2008-mercedes-benz-c-class-to-debut-at-new-york-auto-show/6300827+w636+cr1+re0+ar1/2008-mercedes-benz-c-class-frontjpg.jpg

Offline

 

#37 2008-07-24 02:04:01

Exactly.  Something that, when properly and completely restored, includes a factory toolkit, wrapped in leatherette.  Which is needed.

Offline

 

#40 2008-07-24 02:06:52

Illinois Nazi flunky in the Blues Brothers, to the Gruppenfuhrer wrote:

I've always loved you.

Offline

 

#41 2008-07-24 02:07:28

http://vwkombi.com/photos/beetlemania-2005/Images/35.jpg

More old school Germanic style....

Last edited by Dirckman (2008-07-24 02:09:16)

Offline

 

#43 2008-07-24 02:12:40

In my humble opinion the BMW 507 is one of ten most beautiful cars ever built.....

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Factory/6987/bmw_507.jpg

Last edited by Dirckman (2008-07-24 02:13:12)

Offline

 

#44 2008-07-24 02:15:38

Dirckman wrote:

I normally don't give too much credit to sedans, but I love the look of the new Mercedes C Class Sedan...  I actually like it better than the looks of the C Class Coupe...  Almost every review I've read on it has criticized it for having bland styling, but I think it looks very poised and I don't see it looking outdated anytime soon...

http://image.automotive.com/f/auto-show … ontjpg.jpg

To me, that's the key. Simplicity in styling, and a respected manufacturer.

Offline

 

#48 2008-07-24 02:20:02

So some of the pictures being posted now beg the question "WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO CAR DESIGN IN THE EIGHTIES!!!".

Offline

 

#50 2008-07-24 02:26:37

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PTGPOD/551271~Tail-Fin-on-1959-Cadillac-Posters.jpg

Offline

 

#53 2008-07-24 02:35:52

The new and exciting Nissan GTR.....   Though not a beautiful car, it has the ability to outperform many European supercars and like the Americans does it at just a fraction of the cost...

http://www.babez.de/nissan/gtr2007/nissan-gt-r--titel.jpg

Offline

 

#54 2008-07-24 02:42:59

Of course we mustn't forget the new ZR1....  638 horsepower, 604 foot lbs of torque in a lightweight package capable of speeds up to 205 mph.....

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2009_chevrolet_corvette_zr1_new.jpg

Offline

 

#56 2008-07-24 02:50:05

To ensure that all three American made sports cars are included here I present you with the Dodge Viper ACR.....  I do prefer the over the top cartoonish appearance of the first generation Viper, but the new one has true performance to back it up....

http://www.edmunds.com/media/roadtests/firstdrive/2008/dodge.viper.srt10.acr/08.dodge.viper.acr.340.jpg

Offline

 

#60 2008-07-24 03:01:46

The Trabant...  The favored (essentially only) mode of transportation for East Germans before the fall of the Berlin Wall...  Please compare to automobiles manufactured in the same time period in West Germany such as the BMW 507.....

http://www.kfz.de/hersteller/trabant/trabant.jpg

Offline

 

#61 2008-07-24 03:04:36

http://www.bergoiata.org/fe/voiture-roadster-60-80/Mercedes%20Gullwing%20300sl%201.jpg

Offline

 

#62 2008-07-24 03:04:47

http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/2007/10/hummer-h2-safari.jpg
Funniest car joke of all time.

Last edited by sigmoid freud (2008-07-24 03:05:40)

Offline

 

#64 2008-07-24 03:10:52

sigmoid freud wrote:

http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/2007/ … safari.jpg
Funniest car joke of all time.

Agreed...  Yet another marketing ploy, drop a body which looks somewhat like a HUMVEE onto a Yukon chassis and jack the price up $15,000 while not even attempting to add any of the mechanicals which makes the HUMVEE a capable vehicle...

Offline

 

#65 2008-07-24 03:15:25

http://modernmatriarch.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/trafficjam.jpg

Dirck, I now return control of your thread to you.

Offline

 

Board footer

high-street.org