#2 2019-12-04 14:21:59

I disagree. Anything south of Orlando or on either coast is 90% Yankeedom. And Yankeedom shouldn't extend west of Chicago.

Is Juneau really California levels of liberal?

Offline

 

#3 2019-12-09 02:58:46

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Is Juneau really California levels of liberal?

Short answer:  Yes

Juneau wouldn’t exist, in its current form, if not for .gov largesse and a smattering of cruise ships hitting port.  The town is profligacy central and the Capitol of capital misappropriation.

Offline

 

#4 2019-12-09 11:34:45

JetRx wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Is Juneau really California levels of liberal?

Short answer:  Yes

Juneau wouldn’t exist, in its current form, if not for .gov largesse and a smattering of cruise ships hitting port.  The town is profligacy central and the Capitol of capital misappropriation.

Only State Capital in America not accessible by road.  We just drank at the brewery and went and watched whales.  Seemed like a nice enough place but I looked sideways at it the whole time we were there, the way you would in some isolated town in Alabama or Mississippi.

Offline

 

#5 2019-12-09 16:42:41

Baywolfe wrote:

JetRx wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Is Juneau really California levels of liberal?

Short answer:  Yes

Juneau wouldn’t exist, in its current form, if not for .gov largesse and a smattering of cruise ships hitting port.  The town is profligacy central and the Capitol of capital misappropriation.

Only State Capital in America not accessible by road.  We just drank at the brewery and went and watched whales.  Seemed like a nice enough place but I looked sideways at it the whole time we were there, the way you would in some isolated town in Alabama or Mississippi.

Roads are overrated. You don't need anything but a skid road between Pt Hardy and Anchorage. 1200 miles by the crow, 14400 miles of coastline and government docks to steam past or tie up to as the mood fits.

Offline

 

#6 2019-12-11 12:49:51

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

government docks to steam past or tie up to as the mood fits.

Fucking socialism, let them buy their own docks....

Offline

 

#7 2019-12-11 13:38:46

Look, they are mostly Canadian, they don't mind if you tie up to their docks, but if you insist on upsetting the applecart, they would prefer you just keep going on North till you get to wherever it is you were getting to.

Offline

 

Board footer

high-street.org