#1 2017-10-16 17:36:23

It starts with B that stands for Bicycle.

In all reality it starts with T which stands for Teen...

#2 2017-10-17 17:00:32

Chief Sargent said police officers have also found the teens engaging in other “dangerous behaviors,” including purposely blocking both lanes of travel - causing traffic jams in the process - and surrounding cars so motorists cannot move forward.

I don't care about the kids as much as the Lance Armstrong wanna-bes that decide to ride in a pack on the winding shoulderless roads around here. It's only a couple of miles between the dotted lines, what's wrong with being stuck behind a pack, going 10mph up a long hill with no chance to pass?

#3 2017-10-17 19:57:54

Motorists around here have settled on a  novel solution Goober. The roadsides in my county are littered with those white ghost cycles. They leave them up till time picks them apart like a scofflaw in a gibbet. New ones pop up like toadstools after every seasonable month. I suppose that thins the herd somewhat.

#4 2017-10-18 09:11:30

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

white ghost cycles

https://i.imgflip.com/190ul0.jpg

#5 2017-10-18 09:36:22

It is a great way to keep track of the effect diligent motorists can have on keeping the spandex population down and to do your part to prevent anti-social behaviors!

Put up a dozen around your town today!

http://high-street.org/uploads/359_marie_ghost_bike.jpg

#6 2017-10-18 21:57:47

Good idea. If I curb stomp it a bit first, it might make a better impression.

#7 2017-10-19 20:10:20

And we go live to the scene

Damn I love small city newspapers, they are still fun when they try...

#9 2017-10-20 13:58:26

I think the most important message here is, safety really is our top priority,” Mariani-Belding said. “We really are asking people to please be alert and aware near all tracks and trains and avoid distractions.

The arms were down, even if he couldn't hear the ding (and BTW, in America, more and more suburban communities are doing away with the ding) you at least stop, look, and gauge your chances of making it.

Board footer

high-street.org