#2 2017-07-12 21:44:36

Way back in college, in the previous century, I snorted coke once.  I was not impressed.
A little later, still in college, I snorted some speed.
I truly thought I was going to die, or expel my own sinuses or possibly my eyeballs.
I will never willingly snort anything up my nostrils again as long as I live.

Offline

 

#3 2017-07-12 22:30:11

http://high-street.org/sidepic/cookiemonster.jpg


~ click ~

Offline

 

#4 2017-07-13 04:06:01

George Orr wrote:

Way back in college, in the previous century, I snorted coke once.  I was not impressed.

Lots easier when you face those life choices after you've reached the age of reason.

Offline

 

#5 2017-07-13 09:32:21

Keep in mind there has been no adverse effects and these products have been on the market in Europe for over two years now.

Well, now I feel much better. It's a Libertarian slam dunk.

Offline

 

#6 2017-07-13 10:01:04

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Keep in mind there has been no adverse effects and these products have been on the market in Europe for over two years now.

Well, now I feel much better. It's a Libertarian slam dunk.

In then end it's just a great gag gift.

Offline

 

#7 2017-07-13 11:33:35

Emmeran wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Keep in mind there has been no adverse effects and these products have been on the market in Europe for over two years now.

Well, now I feel much better. It's a Libertarian slam dunk.

In then end it's just a great gag gift.

I'm with you on that, Em...

Offline

 

#8 2017-07-13 11:43:35

George, it occurs to me that the coke you did was probably cut so much as to be effectively garbage. A high that's just below threshold is actually irritating (and you pass through that stage as you come down, which is when you get the intense craving to hit another line and start up again -- half high on coke is uncomfortable).

But cocaine is a first order euphoric, and I'm not sure anybody is really immune. I think everybody likes coke, if they sample the good stuff. The first line I ever snorted addicted me. I knew I liked it so well, that it had the power to turn me into an animal.

So I've done almost no coke in my life (I could count the number of times on both hands and both feet, and still have enough fingers free to hold a rolled up $20 bill) because the stuff scares the shit out of me.

Offline

 

#9 2017-07-13 12:27:32

Smudge wrote:

George, it occurs to me that the coke you did was probably cut so much as to be effectively garbage. A high that's just below threshold is actually irritating (and you pass through that stage as you come down, which is when you get the intense craving to hit another line and start up again -- half high on coke is uncomfortable).

But cocaine is a first order euphoric, and I'm not sure anybody is really immune. I think everybody likes coke, if they sample the good stuff. The first line I ever snorted addicted me. I knew I liked it so well, that it had the power to turn me into an animal.

So I've done almost no coke in my life (I could count the number of times on both hands and both feet, and still have enough fingers free to hold a rolled up $20 bill) because the stuff scares the shit out of me.

It all seems to depend on body chemistry.  I could sleep a few hours after taking prescription amphetamines and coke did nothing for me when everybody else was practically anesthetized.  I used speed so I could stay up all night drinking, but my drug of choice was always pot.

Offline

 

#10 2017-07-13 13:07:33

You're right, of course. There is wide variance in how people respond to various drugs. If you read the label warnings you can learn that. On anti-depressants, there are warnings that some people's reactions to the drug will be depression, etc.

It's for reasons like this that some people will survive even the worst of plagues; the genetic variance which allows the species to survive in a quickly changing environment.

-----

I could also be right, however. It was a dozen years or more after I first did coke before I tried anything even close to uncut. It was a whole different beast. Purity depends on a lot of things; location, what decade, the crowd you hang out with, how much you pay, etc. But it's not unusual for coke to be cut half a dozen times before it gets to your nose.

Last edited by Smudge (2017-07-13 13:11:31)

Offline

 

#11 2017-07-13 13:17:39

Baywolfe wrote:

It all seems to depend on body chemistry.  I could sleep a few hours after taking prescription amphetamines and coke did nothing for me when everybody else was practically anesthetized.  I used speed so I could stay up all night drinking, but my drug of choice was always pot.

I think you're right. I drank coca tea as kid and sampled high grade marching powder as an adolescent, while one of my kin stateside was cooking biker meth. I didn't care for any of it. Weed worked for me, and still does. Tobacco hooked me before I knew better. And drink turns me blotto so fast, I rarely go near it. Ask Johnny Rotten real nice, he might tell you about Choad and the flower pot.

Offline

 

#12 2017-07-13 16:02:32

https://68.media.tumblr.com/ce750f7d317ee044e24cbb8d94e3a2d8/tumblr_osg7ydCLzP1qzofaho1_1280.jpg

Offline

 

#13 2017-07-14 10:20:41

George Orr wrote:

Way back in college, in the previous century, I snorted coke once.  I was not impressed.
A little later, still in college, I snorted some speed.
I truly thought I was going to die, or expel my own sinuses or possibly my eyeballs.
I will never willingly snort anything up my nostrils again as long as I live.

I love blow. Love it. The only thing I don't care for is how tramped down it is anymore and you have to keep chasing it all night.

I didn't realize how shitty it was getting until I went to Puerto Rico a few months ago and scored a bit from a waitress. She brought me a "teener" and I thanked her but told her that I would be needing quite a bit more. She told me it wasn't a problem but this wasn't "shit from the states" so I should try it first. It was awesome. I called her for more anyway and then I shared it with her and banged her.

Good times.

Offline

 

#14 2017-07-14 13:41:31

Bigcat wrote:

George Orr wrote:

Way back in college, in the previous century, I snorted coke once.  I was not impressed.
A little later, still in college, I snorted some speed.
I truly thought I was going to die, or expel my own sinuses or possibly my eyeballs.
I will never willingly snort anything up my nostrils again as long as I live.

I love blow. Love it. The only thing I don't care for is how tramped down it is anymore and you have to keep chasing it all night.

I didn't realize how shitty it was getting until I went to Puerto Rico a few months ago and scored a bit from a waitress. She brought me a "teener" and I thanked her but told her that I would be needing quite a bit more. She told me it wasn't a problem but this wasn't "shit from the states" so I should try it first. It was awesome. I called her for more anyway and then I shared it with her and banged her.

Good times.

Do all your stories end like a badly written pulp novel or just the ones here?

Offline

 

#15 2017-07-14 14:09:33

Baywolfe wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

[I love blow. Love it. The only thing I don't care for is how tramped down it is anymore and you have to keep chasing it all night.

I didn't realize how shitty it was getting until I went to Puerto Rico a few months ago and scored a bit from a waitress. She brought me a "teener" and I thanked her but told her that I would be needing quite a bit more. She told me it wasn't a problem but this wasn't "shit from the states" so I should try it first. It was awesome. I called her for more anyway and then I shared it with her and banged her.

Good times.

Do all your stories end like a badly written pulp novel or just the ones here?

Do I detect a touch of envy there, Baywolfe?

Offline

 

#16 2017-07-14 17:22:30

Baywolfe wrote:

Do all your stories end like a badly written pulp novel or just the ones here?

Don't be mad Wolfie, it wasn't your mom this time. I quit fucking her when she got over 300lbs and couldn't wipe her ass clean anymore.

Offline

 

#17 2017-07-14 17:44:01

Ewwww...you guys play hardball!

Offline

 

#18 2017-07-14 18:30:32

Smudge wrote:

Ewwww...you guys play hardball!

The BigCat only purrs when insulted, he bristles at the very thought of a compliment.

Offline

 

#19 2017-07-14 21:11:06

Smudge wrote:

George, it occurs to me that the coke you did was probably cut so much as to be effectively garbage. A high that's just below threshold is actually irritating (and you pass through that stage as you come down, which is when you get the intense craving to hit another line and start up again -- half high on coke is uncomfortable).

But cocaine is a first order euphoric, and I'm not sure anybody is really immune. I think everybody likes coke, if they sample the good stuff. The first line I ever snorted addicted me. I knew I liked it so well, that it had the power to turn me into an animal.

So I've done almost no coke in my life (I could count the number of times on both hands and both feet, and still have enough fingers free to hold a rolled up $20 bill) because the stuff scares the shit out of me.

You may very well be right about the coke.  I never knew its provenance.
My little sister had a bad coke habit for a short while but she eventually ran out of money and saw sense.
At that age I looooooved stims.  I had to be really careful about taking speed; I didn't need to be told how bad it is for your body--the hangovers tell you that if you have a lick of sense.
I'd spend 24 hours speeding, then spend the next three days feeling like I had a bad case of flu.  Every once in a great while I'd treat myself to a weekend, then spend the entire following week feeling like I had a bad case of flu.
Stims are for the young, healthy and foolish only.  But occasionally I still miss those chills that'd run up and down my back, and that tightness, and that feeling of being ready for anything the universe could throw my way.

Offline

 

#20 2017-07-14 22:29:40

All I ever wanted to do is smoke a joint and tell tall tales around a campfire. I'll show myself out.

Offline

 

#21 2017-07-14 22:50:46

GooberMcNutly wrote:

All I ever wanted to do is smoke a joint and tell tall tales around a campfire. I'll show myself out.

Awright, tell us about the first time you took a psychotropic. Learn anything from it?

Offline

 

#22 2017-07-15 00:02:10

The first time was the most important day of my life. Every single time after that was a waste of time, and sometimes an unnecessary danger.

Offline

 

#23 2017-07-15 07:56:14

George Orr wrote:

My little sister had a bad coke habit for a short while but she eventually ran out of money

Is she hot?

Offline

 

#24 2017-07-15 08:51:52

We used to give that shit to horses. No not the squirrel powder, the major adulterant in the US bound drug.

Why is cocaine adulterated with an animal dewormer?


Aminorex, a metabolite of the cocaine adulterant levamisole, exerts amphetamine like actions at monoamine transporters.

In a typical twist of fate, the cut is put in at the source in Columbia, which confused researchers as it did not seem to make economic sense. Why weigh it down? It turns out that all that Levamisole is supplied and shipped at US taxpayer expense by the container ship load to columbia as part of our billion dollar aid to prop up that country's drug war. Originally part of the aid to support alternate farming to coca.  So we poisoned our populace again, thanks.

So don't do that shit kids. Unless you are in Bolivia.

And if you do, there is now a vaccine to fix you up. Maybe we could take up a collection for Big Cat.

Offline

 

#25 2017-07-15 09:15:28

Smudge wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

[I love blow. Love it. The only thing I don't care for is how tramped down it is anymore and you have to keep chasing it all night.

I didn't realize how shitty it was getting until I went to Puerto Rico a few months ago and scored a bit from a waitress. She brought me a "teener" and I thanked her but told her that I would be needing quite a bit more. She told me it wasn't a problem but this wasn't "shit from the states" so I should try it first. It was awesome. I called her for more anyway and then I shared it with her and banged her.

Good times.

Do all your stories end like a badly written pulp novel or just the ones here?

Do I detect a touch of envy there, Baywolfe?

Nah, I was just getting bored.  The cat works better with a little provocation.  Besides, nobody would believe about 3/4 of my stories, I barely believe them.  And not just the ones that start with, "We got really drunk one night..." either.

Offline

 

Board footer

high-street.org