#26 2017-02-26 14:29:44

The last President that couldn't make it was Ronald Regan because he was still recovering from getting shot.

It's still not too late for Donald.

#28 2017-02-27 13:29:13

This is the second John Wayne wanna be, big swinging dick, cowboy the GOP has voted in in a row. And it's not going to end any better this time than it did last time (very probably it will end much worse).

Giving this asshat more guns and bombs is like asking a junkie buddy to guard a boat load of heroine. It's just not wise.

(This way you can avoid CNNs endless spam and cookies)

#29 2017-02-27 13:41:50

I would love to see his current portfolio

#30 2017-02-27 13:57:59

Emmeran wrote:

I would love to see his current portfolio

My first thought as well.  And here we all believed that profiting from your time in office was illegal, instead of just being immoral.  Stupid, stupid us!  Or are we to also believe that turning everything over to your Daughter and Son-In-Law, constitutes "divesting"?

#31 2017-02-27 14:05:57

Baywolfe wrote:

My first thought as well.  And here we all believed that profiting from your time in office was illegal, instead of just being immoral.  Stupid, stupid us!  Or are we to also believe that turning everything over to your Daughter and Son-In-Law, constitutes "divesting"?

Actually just sent this to Choad - this is from my local area and a prime example of your typical political profiteering.

#32 2017-02-27 17:31:44

Trump is beyond that of a war profiteer reaping boons off of other people's misery. His entire career has included business transactions where he has manufactured the misery to profit from. Such as planning not to pay contacts and manipulate bankruptcies to get out of paying debts. Let's not even mention the selling of snake oil. He is not just immoral in profiteering with stakes in his business investments, he actively plans on getting away with shady dealings because it is too hard to make him accountable for his actions in the civil or criminal court systems.

Ems local example is not quite as craven as trump actually is. A better example would be the former sheriff of my town. During the housing loan crisis he got heavily involved with providing credit counseling on foreclosures. Advising local opiate addicts who still owned their homes on how to negotiate bank short sales to himself. Or else. And that else included jail time for opiates along with foreclosure. He was one of the only developers to start new construction during the recession. It was an odd sight to see him out there, when all other construction had stopped. Friends worked hard to put a new sheriff in town. But that was just politics. The shady and illegal dealings were never brought up, let alone prosecuted. The money changed hands nonetheless and he knew he had the pull to get away with it.

#33 2017-02-27 18:15:53

Let's be clear about Trump, from what I understand his "success" in business has resulted in a net LOSS to the family fortune he was handed.  Our 1980's movie private school poster boy has obviously been good at creating he favorite playgrounds - golf courses.

#34 2017-02-27 21:26:45

Emmeran wrote:

Let's be clear about Trump, from what I understand his "success" in business has resulted in a net LOSS to the family fortune he was handed.  Our 1980's movie private school poster boy has obviously been good at creating he favorite playgrounds - golf courses.

The guy is such a fucking snake we may never know how much for sure but, Mother Jones has his losses at somewhere between 1 and 6 Billion over his business career.

And not all those golf courses were money makers either.

#35 2017-02-28 10:15:34

#36 2017-03-04 13:45:43

http://high-street.org/sidepic/whitehousetapes.png

~ click ~

#37 2017-03-04 15:50:21

Sure; anything to get the stories about the connections between Russia and Trump's administration off the front covers -- which of course just makes it all that much MORE certain that whatever he's covering up must be huge:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- … picions-of

#38 2017-03-04 17:01:18

Smudge wrote:

Sure; anything to get the stories about the connections between Russia and Trump's administration off the front covers -- which of course just makes it all that much MORE certain that whatever he's covering up must be huge:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- … picions-of

This is like a shell game with two shufflers and nine shells - it's all a ruse but the goals of the long game continue to evade me.  What's clear to me is that the collusion in this game is incredibly thick.

Fuck, where's Kathy when you need him?

#39 2017-03-05 02:09:28

choad wrote:

~ click ~

Fascinating link from the above article:

It was the fall of 1984, Trump Tower was new, and this was unusual territory for the 38-year-old real estate developer. He was three years away from his first semi-serious dalliance with presidential politics, more than 30 years before the beginning of his current campaign--but he had gotten the idea to bring this up, he said, from his attorney, his good friend and his closest adviser, Roy Cohn.

That Roy Cohn.

#40 2017-03-05 07:19:06

square wrote:

choad wrote:

~ click ~

Fascinating link from the above article:

[Roy Cohn] became Donald’s mentor, his constant adviser on every significant aspect of his business and personal life.”

And the Donny became Roy's insufferable bitch, NYC tabloid news not long before Cohn began 'dating' Barbara Wa-wa.

#41 2017-03-05 12:31:14

I missed that when it came out (no point in reading stuff like this -- Trump was never gonna win), but I'm glad I caught it on the bounce. Not every billionaire narcissist gets Machiavelli as his personal tutor.

Last edited by Smudge (2017-03-05 12:39:05)

#42 2017-03-22 04:35:49

Board footer

high-street.org