#1 2017-01-03 05:12:53

Mother Nature 4 - Trailerpark 0; who said global warming wasn't fun?

Offline

 

#2 2017-01-03 12:02:49

I've been through Dothan.  That was a mercy killing.

Offline

 

#3 2017-01-03 14:18:49

Did hundreds of dollars in damage...

Offline

 

#4 2017-01-03 16:18:27

Alabama Governor Robert Bentley wrote:

"Prayers for those impacted today."

If prayer worked, then they wouldn't have been killed by the tornado in the first place, douche bag.

Offline

 

#5 2017-01-03 16:50:36

BorderCount wrote:

Alabama Governor Robert Bentley wrote:

"Prayers for those impacted today."

If prayer worked, then they wouldn't have been killed by the tornado in the first place, douche bag.

"Thoughts and prayers" = Absolutely nothing.  They need the Red Cross, not fiction.

Online

 

#6 2017-01-03 17:10:28

BorderCount wrote:

Alabama Governor Robert Bentley wrote:

"Prayers for those impacted today."

If prayer worked, then they wouldn't have been killed by the tornado in the first place, douche bag.

Not necessarily true.

It appears there were 7 living in a trailer in Alabama.  They may have been praying FOR a tornado.

Have an open mind.

Offline

 

#7 2017-01-03 17:36:30

Bigcat wrote:

It appears there were 7 living in a trailer in Alabama.  They may have been praying FOR a tornado.

Have an open mind.

Could this then be considered a form of Murder/Suicide?

Offline

 

#8 2017-01-03 19:19:43

Emmeran wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

It appears there were 7 living in a trailer in Alabama.  They may have been praying FOR a tornado.

Have an open mind.

Could this then be considered a form of Murder/Suicide?

Offline

 

#9 2017-01-03 19:22:51

Bigcat wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Could this then be considered a form of Murder/Suicide?

Video:  It's a Miracle

God is such a fucking Troll

Offline

 

#11 2017-01-11 06:14:47

I woke Sunday morning to a fresh foot of snow and the sound of a town plow contractor lunching my mailbox. Surrounded by five other boxes, mine was crushed, probably for complaining about the 4am party break the same clowns held in front of my house last winter. No, they tell me, the town won't cough up for the mailbox.

It's 50 degrees, raining and most of the snow is gone.

Online

 

#12 2017-01-11 14:24:00

We're getting hammered with snow in Portland, OR. Right now, it's illegal to be on the roads without chains. More snow already this year than in the last three Winters combined.

http://asset-9.soupcdn.com/asset/16174/9123_9797.gif

Offline

 

#13 2017-01-11 15:27:22

Smudge wrote:

We're getting hammered with snow in Portland, OR.

It was sunny and a tropical 60 here.

Online

 

#14 2017-01-11 15:36:04

sixty? That's really weird.

We haven't had a Winter for several years, and now we're paying for it this year. I think everything West of Montana is going to float away.

Offline

 

#15 2017-01-11 15:36:54

choad wrote:

Smudge wrote:

We're getting hammered with snow in Portland, OR.

It was sunny and a tropical 60 here.

Chinook winds, nothing more.  Winter will resume as scheduled later this week.

Offline

 

#16 2017-01-12 08:44:16

A Portland OR zoo keeper skied to work to check on his critters and filmed this.

Online

 

#17 2017-01-12 12:44:07

You should have put an "excessive cuteness" warning on that post, choad!

Offline

 

#18 2017-01-12 13:58:37

Smudge wrote:

You should have put an "excessive cuteness" warning on that post, choad!

Too late
#ded

Offline

 

#19 2017-01-13 20:16:26

Not ded for me; the clip works fine.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/51b979526be29adb3bac2ae6c8e14b16/tumblr_oiklqho7Xx1qzhjh2o1_400.gif

Offline

 

#20 2017-01-14 07:51:15

No shit, annual Storm Watch media hype has become a tradition.  How dare you pee on our Pres... err ... traditions!?!

Offline

 

#21 2017-02-09 08:35:32

Here we go again, New England has officially shuttered it's doors for the day.  The upper mid-west and Canada look on with bemusement...

Offline

 

#22 2017-02-09 08:56:53

The hell with bread and milk, I'm out of scrapple!

Shit.

Offline

 

#23 2017-02-09 09:33:28

Emmeran wrote:

Here we go again, New England has officially shuttered it's doors for the day.  The upper mid-west and Canada look on with bemusement...

They're forecasting 8-12" for us, while yesterday was 60, sunny and no breeze off the bay; teeshirt weather. I'm not complaining but it is fucking looney.

Online

 

#24 2017-02-09 09:38:27

I'd say it's mostly normal, a brief warm day is usually a harbinger of a bad storm moving in

Offline

 

#25 2017-02-09 17:28:22

I'm still shoveling metric assloads of sunshine off my driveway... Think I might enjoy my cocktail by the pool once the sun goes down...

Offline

 

#26 2017-02-09 19:45:00

GooberMcNutly wrote:

I'm still shoveling metric assloads of sunshine off my driveway... Think I might enjoy my cocktail by the pool once the sun goes down...

Whatever asswipe, you'll never enjoy a good hearty stew down in that wasteland.  Chili ain't chili if it's 70 outside...

Offline

 

#27 2017-02-10 10:48:01

Emmeran wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

I'm still shoveling metric assloads of sunshine off my driveway... Think I might enjoy my cocktail by the pool once the sun goes down...

Whatever asswipe, you'll never enjoy a good hearty stew down in that wasteland.  Chili ain't chili if it's 70 outside...

Excuse me, chili was invented in San Antonio where it's rarely below 70.  The sweat on your forehead from the chili pepper serves as a coolant in hot climes.

Online

 

#28 2017-02-10 11:02:31

Baywolfe wrote:

Excuse me, chili was invented in San Antonio where it's rarely below 70.  The sweat on your forehead from the chili pepper serves as a coolant in hot climes.

Oh fuck off, tomato-bean stew wasn't invented anywhere it just evolved everywhere those basic ingredients could be found.  Now if you want to claim tumbleweed soup was invented in San Antonio I might be inclined to believe you, but "chili"? Nah...

Offline

 

#29 2017-02-10 11:41:02

Emmeran wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

Excuse me, chili was invented in San Antonio where it's rarely below 70.  The sweat on your forehead from the chili pepper serves as a coolant in hot climes.

Oh fuck off, tomato-bean stew wasn't invented anywhere it just evolved everywhere those basic ingredients could be found.  Now if you want to claim tumbleweed soup was invented in San Antonio I might be inclined to believe you, but "chili"? Nah...

Tomato, bean stew is not chili asshole.

Online

 

#30 2017-02-10 11:43:34

Emmeran wrote:

Oh fuck off, tomato-bean stew wasn't invented anywhere it just evolved everywhere those basic ingredients could be found.  Now if you want to claim tumbleweed soup was invented in San Antonio I might be inclined to believe you, but "chili"? Nah...

Tomatoes, peppers (and potatoes, too) are all members of the nightshade family, Solanaceae, all originating along the west coast of South America. The beans in your stew came from the same place.

Online

 

#31 2017-02-10 12:12:48

choad wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Oh fuck off, tomato-bean stew wasn't invented anywhere it just evolved everywhere those basic ingredients could be found.  Now if you want to claim tumbleweed soup was invented in San Antonio I might be inclined to believe you, but "chili"? Nah...

Tomatoes, peppers (and potatoes, too) are all members of the nightshade family, Solanaceae, all originating along the west coast of South America. The beans in your stew came from the same place.

My point exactly.  While the marketeers love a good story (like the "sandwich") the fact remains that as soon as a viable ingredient was available people started using it in every which way possible.  If you want to claim it became famous somewhere you might have an argument but it's a pretty lame argument particularly if it involves the word "Texas" (the claim everything state). 

Did you realize that pasta was invented in Texas and then exported through time to China?  They have a museum for it in Dallas.

Offline

 

#32 2017-02-10 12:29:16

Emmeran wrote:

choad wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Oh fuck off, tomato-bean stew wasn't invented anywhere it just evolved everywhere those basic ingredients could be found.  Now if you want to claim tumbleweed soup was invented in San Antonio I might be inclined to believe you, but "chili"? Nah...

Tomatoes, peppers (and potatoes, too) are all members of the nightshade family, Solanaceae, all originating along the west coast of South America. The beans in your stew came from the same place.

My point exactly.  While the marketeers love a good story (like the "sandwich") the fact remains that as soon as a viable ingredient was available people started using it in every which way possible.  If you want to claim it became famous somewhere you might have an argument but it's a pretty lame argument particularly if it involves the word "Texas" (the claim everything state). 

Did you realize that pasta was invented in Texas and then exported through time to China?  They have a museum for it in Dallas.

C'mon all y'all; post friendly.

Offline

 

#33 2017-02-10 14:12:48

Smudge wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

choad wrote:

Tomatoes, peppers (and potatoes, too) are all members of the nightshade family, Solanaceae, all originating along the west coast of South America. The beans in your stew came from the same place.

My point exactly.  While the marketeers love a good story (like the "sandwich") the fact remains that as soon as a viable ingredient was available people started using it in every which way possible.  If you want to claim it became famous somewhere you might have an argument but it's a pretty lame argument particularly if it involves the word "Texas" (the claim everything state). 

Did you realize that pasta was invented in Texas and then exported through time to China?  They have a museum for it in Dallas.

C'mon all y'all; post friendly.

Nah, fuck Em.  He can post any way his cripple ol' brain will let him.  Did you forget what site you were on Smudge? 

And don't say "y'all" you fucking poser. :-P

Last edited by Baywolfe (2017-02-10 14:13:06)

Online

 

#34 2017-02-10 14:14:39

Emmeran wrote:

choad wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Oh fuck off, tomato-bean stew wasn't invented anywhere it just evolved everywhere those basic ingredients could be found.  Now if you want to claim tumbleweed soup was invented in San Antonio I might be inclined to believe you, but "chili"? Nah...

Tomatoes, peppers (and potatoes, too) are all members of the nightshade family, Solanaceae, all originating along the west coast of South America. The beans in your stew came from the same place.

My point exactly.  While the marketeers love a good story (like the "sandwich") the fact remains that as soon as a viable ingredient was available people started using it in every which way possible.  If you want to claim it became famous somewhere you might have an argument but it's a pretty lame argument particularly if it involves the word "Texas" (the claim everything state). 

Did you realize that pasta was invented in Texas and then exported through time to China?  They have a museum for it in Dallas.

Go argue with Google.  And we have a Cockroach museum in Dallas, so, fuck you!

Online

 

#35 2017-02-10 14:30:22

Baywolfe wrote:

Nah, fuck Em.  He can post any way his cripple ol' brain will let him.  Did you forget what site you were on Smudge? 

And don't say "y'all" you fucking poser. :-P

No, I had no problem with what Emmeran wrote -- in fact, I agree with him; I was trying to poke fun at Texans.

As far as being a poser, you got that right. I'd rather eat a bale of barbed wire than move to Texas. I'm an elitist Yankee snob.

Last edited by Smudge (2017-02-10 14:31:59)

Offline

 

#36 2017-02-10 14:43:46

Smudge wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

Nah, fuck Em.  He can post any way his cripple ol' brain will let him.  Did you forget what site you were on Smudge? 

And don't say "y'all" you fucking poser. :-P

No, I had no problem with what Emmeran wrote -- in fact, I agree with him; I was trying to poke fun at Texans.

As far as being a poser, you got that right. I'd rather eat a bale of barbed wire than move to Texas. I'm an elitist Yankee snob.

I'm going to go play golf in the morning so, I'm not really interested in what Yankees have to say, elitist snobs or no.

Online

 

#37 2017-02-10 15:40:12

Fair enough.

Offline

 

#38 2017-02-10 16:06:24

Smudge wrote:

I'd rather eat a bale of barbed wire than move to Texas.

Exactly, people are more willing to go to North Dakota than Texas.  You hear:  I wanna move to Cali, NYC, Florida...


Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, says "I wanna move to Texas"....

Texas is the Balkans dropped onto the rest of the U.S.A.

Offline

 

#39 2017-02-11 11:47:52

Emmeran wrote:

Smudge wrote:

I'd rather eat a bale of barbed wire than move to Texas.

Exactly, people are more willing to go to North Dakota than Texas.  You hear:  I wanna move to Cali, NYC, Florida...


Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, says "I wanna move to Texas"....

Texas is the Balkans dropped onto the rest of the U.S.A.

I've been down here 20+ years.  It's been good to us, but it's still not home.
San Antonio is a cool city, though; got a lot of personality.  Don't believe the hype about Austin--Austin is far too self-conscious to be cool.  Either place is twenty or so levels above DFW, where I spent eleven years and which is a steaming dump with no culture and terrible weather.

Offline

 

#40 2017-02-11 12:08:44

In fairness, a lot of people like Texas. This is obviously true since lots of people move there every year. I'm simply not one of them.

Offline

 

#41 2017-02-11 12:29:30

George Orr wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Smudge wrote:

I'd rather eat a bale of barbed wire than move to Texas.

Exactly, people are more willing to go to North Dakota than Texas.  You hear:  I wanna move to Cali, NYC, Florida...


Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, says "I wanna move to Texas"....

Texas is the Balkans dropped onto the rest of the U.S.A.

I've been down here 20+ years.  It's been good to us, but it's still not home.
San Antonio is a cool city, though; got a lot of personality.  Don't believe the hype about Austin--Austin is far too self-conscious to be cool.  Either place is twenty or so levels above DFW, where I spent eleven years and which is a steaming dump with no culture and terrible weather.

The secret to living in DFW is to not live in DFW, live in the northern 'burbs.  Houston has way worse weather (and humidity) than DFW, so it's just a matter of perspective.  We lived in north Austin for about a year.  It was nice but that was over 20 years ago.

Online

 

#42 2017-02-11 18:29:56

Back on subject, Act II begins tomorrow.  The region is already going into shut down mode for what promises to be another unspectacular Nor'easter.


Meanwhile out west...
http://high-street.org/uploads/11_meanwhile_out_west.jpg

Offline

 

#43 2017-02-18 06:11:27

Storm Bomb!!!

Fucking amazing panic mongering.


(On the plus side someone finally cleaned the streets in Compton)

Offline

 

#44 2017-03-09 18:49:43

Welcome to the freak show. It was 55 and sunny today, the breeze off the north Atlantic beyond this window gusting to 40 mph. Tomorrow we can expect 3" to 5" of snow, Tuesday we're penciled in for a foot or more.

Online

 

#45 2017-03-09 22:01:53

nuts

Offline

 

#46 2017-03-13 17:23:13

http://high-street.org/uploads/11_stella.jpg

Winter Storm Stella!!


Sobriety is neither required nor recommended.

Offline

 

#47 2017-03-13 22:24:15

No worries here.  We're expecting 12-16, but the Honda EB11000 is always hooked up and at the ready, and the snowblower is parked inside the door of the main garage - even sprayed the auger with "Pam".  Every vintage car has a full tank of fuel so I can go for weeks on the genset.  Food is never a worry... we have a fallout shelter that's been converted to a fully stocked larder & wine cellar. 

So... as for you, Mother Nature... 

...bring it bitch.

Offline

 

#48 2017-03-14 07:44:17

http://high-street.org/uploads/11_boston_payoff.jpg
Boston and Providence untouched...

Mob payoff?

Last edited by Emmeran (2017-03-14 07:45:12)

Offline

 

#49 2017-03-14 09:02:45

Emmeran wrote:

http://high-street.org/uploads/11_boston_payoff.jpg
Boston and Providence untouched...

Mob payoff?

Troll. NOAA bought futures in milk and eggs. We only have light snizzle here, s'not snow, s'not snot, not enough to deter the go cart races. Boston and Providence are brick and mortar heat sinks.

Online

 

#50 2017-03-14 09:11:07

http://i.imgur.com/nVEuiAT.jpg

Online

 

#51 2017-03-14 12:01:50

choad wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

http://high-street.org/uploads/11_boston_payoff.jpg
Boston and Providence untouched...

Mob payoff?

Troll. NOAA bought futures in milk and eggs. We only have light snizzle here, s'not snow, s'not snot, not enough to deter the go cart races. Boston and Providence are brick and mortar heat sinks.

Troll nothing, that moment in time is almost priceless.  Didn't last but maybe a half hour and you're just peeved I stumbled across it before you did.

Offline

 

#52 2017-03-14 12:04:36

LOL...I love it. Storm macho.

Stay warm gents.

Offline

 

#53 2017-03-14 22:13:57

The Big Storm of 2017. 

Brought to you by the Milk Marketing Board.

Offline

 

#54 2017-03-15 15:12:06

It's weather. It happens.

Offline

 

#55 2017-03-15 17:07:39

GooberMcNutly wrote:

It's weather. It happens.

Not any more, it has a name and its a media event.  Who the fuck are you to ruin all of the fun?

Offline

 

#56 2017-03-15 17:49:24

Emmeran wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

It's weather. It happens.

Not any more, it has a name and its a media event.  Who the fuck are you to ruin all of the fun?

Right you are.

And between the two day build up prior to the storm ("And here's a list of things to pick up at the store that you might need...") and the two days of analysis afterwards ("Why did we underestimate/overestimate the storm?") it gets turned into a full week of local television.

It's nonsense; when I was a kid, we used to walk six miles through a blizzard just to...

http://68.media.tumblr.com/9b2f14fb79dd041347068550c13140e9/tumblr_oms3dsjlAZ1qc2ixao1_500.gif

Last edited by Smudge (2017-03-15 18:56:33)

Offline

 

#57 2017-03-15 21:01:33

Meanwhile, in San Antonio, it's 61 degrees.

http://high-street.org/uploads/18_winter.png

Offline

 

#58 2017-03-16 16:14:49

George Orr wrote:

Meanwhile, in San Antonio, it's 61 degrees.

http://high-street.org/uploads/18_winter.png

I've already played five rounds of golf since mid February.

Online

 

#59 2017-03-16 20:45:05

The perfect New Hampshire crime.

Plowing While Drunk

Online

 

Board footer

high-street.org