#851 2018-04-14 13:12:47

Every person with a productive job increases all of our wealth.  DNC/RNC are both so corrupt that nothing short of a full-on voter revolt is going to really change things, Trump isn't the sickness - he is merely a symptom.

#852 2018-04-14 14:41:17

Emmeran wrote:

Every person with a productive job increases all of our wealth.  DNC/RNC are both so corrupt that nothing short of a full-on voter revolt is going to really change things, Trump isn't the sickness - he is merely a symptom.

That was true before technology became the main component in our modern life.  Now, it is a fact today that one in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest.

#853 2018-04-14 15:42:05

Baywolfe wrote:

That was true before technology became the main component in our modern life.  Now, it is a fact today that one in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest.

I'm going to stick with what I learned from Wall-E and the Matrix, lazy folks are worthless and a harm to themselves.  I'd also argue that if everyone isn't striving there won't be any 1 in 10,000 breakthroughs.  People need to work not wanks for fulfillment.

#854 2018-04-14 20:22:23

Emmeran wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

I'm going to stick with what I learned from Wall-E and the Matrix, lazy folks are worthless and a harm to themselves.  I'd also argue that if everyone isn't striving there won't be any 1 in 10,000 breakthroughs.  People need to work not wanks for fulfillment.

I'm assuming you didn't even bother to read the full quote.  Sure some people won't work, but the notion that they should for no reason doesn't make sense.  Work until you get proficient and are paid so well that they dump you and get two people for less money who aren't proficient at all?  That's our modern business model.  Many people will work because they find something they're passionate about doing.  Everybody needing to have a job is leftover propaganda from the Industrial Revolution.

#855 2018-04-15 06:54:22

Our economy is built around some pretty arbitrary assumptions that have nothing to do with what is best for you and your neighbor. Why accept them as blind truth? Woe be it to the masses that do, the boffins behind the big desks may just decide you are better off not getting better.

Goldman Sachs analysts attempted to address a touchy subject for biotech companies, especially those involved in the pioneering "gene therapy" treatment: cures could be bad for business in the long run.

"Is curing patients a sustainable business model?" analysts ask in an April 10 report entitled "The Genome Revolution."

#856 2018-04-15 15:32:36

As long as they can keep media bombing you to convince you that you smell, your car isn't as nice as the neighbor's, your beer is for losers and your house is too small, they can make you jump through whatever hoops they want.

#857 2018-04-15 18:45:52

GooberMcNutly wrote:

As long as they can keep media bombing you to convince you that you smell, your car isn't as nice as the neighbor's, your beer is for losers and your house is too small, they can make you jump through whatever hoops they want.

Only if you listen.  Teach your children not to listen.

#858 2018-04-18 20:41:09

Guaranteed light reading.

Life is like a steaming yellow pantload.

#859 Yesterday 14:01:13

Forecast:  Tomorrow mornings "Shitter time/Press conference" Tweet Storm. 

There was no Manafort BACKCHANNEL and NO COLLUSION (except by the Dems)!

Last edited by Emmeran (Yesterday 14:02:02)

#860 Yesterday 16:11:58

I know one thing that really has to frustrate his orange highness is that he can't use a bigger font for "NO COLLUSION" so he can really make it true.  Just saying it over and over doesn't seem to work anymore.

#861 Yesterday 16:22:45

Baywolfe wrote:

I know one thing that really has to frustrate his orange highness is that he can't use a bigger font for "NO COLLUSION" so he can really make it true.  Just saying it over and over doesn't seem to work anymore.

Well his counter accusation pretty much destroys any of his claims for anyone who has ever raised children.

#863 Today 16:49:15

Emmeran wrote:

Forecast:  Tomorrow mornings "Shitter time/Press conference" Tweet Storm. 

There was no Manafort BACKCHANNEL and NO COLLUSION (except by the Dems)!

http://high-street.org/uploads/157_2018-04-20_15-45-49.png

Board footer

high-street.org