#801 2018-03-08 06:48:33

Oh, the irony. Maybe he could hire Stormy Daniels as his pitch person for this...

Abstinence-only education making a comeback under Trump

http://thehill.com/sites/default/files/styles/thumb_small_article/public/classroom_istock.jpg

Abstinence-only education — encouraging adolescents to wait until marriage for sex — is making a comeback under President Trump.

In a marked departure from the previous administration, conservatives at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) are putting an emphasis on abstinence to reduce teen pregnancy rates...

Read the rest: http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/37 … ack-under-

Offline

 

#802 2018-03-08 09:26:45

I would love to sit in on one of those HHS meetings where people start throwing out how good an idea abstinence-only education is and see all the yes-men chins nodding up and down in unison. Don't any of these people have teenage children?

Offline

 

#803 2018-03-08 10:54:51

GooberMcNutly wrote:

I would love to sit in on one of those HHS meetings where people start throwing out how good an idea abstinence-only education is and see all the yes-men chins nodding up and down in unison. Don't any of these people have teenage children?

Yeah, and weren't any of those men teenage children at one point?

Offline

 

#804 2018-03-08 12:08:27

Smudge wrote:

Yeah, and weren't any of those men teenage children at one point?

Yup, they were the ones who couldn't make it to first base even on Prom Night.

Offline

 

#805 2018-03-08 12:27:04

Emmeran wrote:

Smudge wrote:

Yeah, and weren't any of those men teenage children at one point?

Yup, they were the ones who couldn't make it to first base even on Prom Night.

LOL.

So they know abstinence works from personal experience.

There's probably more than a little truth in that, actually.

Offline

 

#806 2018-03-09 09:07:44

*This* is what you get when you allow churches a tax exemption and to preach politics from the pulpit. Fundamentalist voting blocs applying pressure against the interest of the majority.

Offline

 

#807 2018-03-09 10:58:20

GooberMcNutly wrote:

*This* is what you get when you allow churches a tax exemption and to preach politics from the pulpit. Fundamentalist voting blocs applying pressure against the interest of the majority.

Yeah, no kidding.  And they already have legislation out there in the works that would legalize the emotional extortion they've been practicing for the last few years.  "Vote Trump or go to HELL", et al.) This is why it took forever to get a Catholic elected President.  We didn't want somebody taking orders from the Vatican.

Offline

 

#808 2018-03-09 11:18:31

Smudge wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Smudge wrote:

Yeah, and weren't any of those men teenage children at one point?

Yup, they were the ones who couldn't make it to first base even on Prom Night.

LOL.

So they know abstinence works from personal experience.

There's probably more than a little truth in that, actually.

From my experience you went to church because it was the easy place to get laid - and I was raised up Mormon.

Offline

 

#809 2018-03-09 15:09:53

PYONGYANG (The Borowitz Report)—Kim Jong Un has revealed to close associates that he has offered to meet Donald J. Trump only as a means of achieving his real goal: meeting the former adult-film star Stormy Daniels.

A confidant of the North Korean dictator said that Kim revealed his true intentions behind the Trump invitation at a high-level government meeting on Thursday night. “Kim said that he was a big fan of Stormy’s, and he decided that meeting with Trump would be a ‘necessary evil’ if he wanted a chance to meet her,” the confidant said.

According to the confidant, Kim first attempted to arrange a meeting with Daniels through his close friend, the former N.B.A. player Dennis Rodman, “but, when Dennis said that he didn’t know Stormy, Kim was, like, ‘Oh, well, I guess I’ll have to go through Trump, then.’ ”

Kim reportedly is prepared to use whatever leverage is necessary to force Trump to broker the meeting with the erstwhile porn performer. “If Kim doesn’t get to meet Stormy, the missile tests resume,” the confidant said.

When told about Kim’s real reason for offering to meet with Trump, a White House aide initially expressed shock, but then added, “Now everything makes sense.”

Online

 

#810 2018-03-09 17:13:22

Mugwump wrote:

PYONGYANG (The Borowitz Report)—Kim Jong Un has revealed to close associates that he has offered to meet Donald J. Trump only as a means of achieving his real goal: meeting the former adult-film star Stormy Daniels.

A confidant of the North Korean dictator said that Kim revealed his true intentions behind the Trump invitation at a high-level government meeting on Thursday night. “Kim said that he was a big fan of Stormy’s, and he decided that meeting with Trump would be a ‘necessary evil’ if he wanted a chance to meet her,” the confidant said.

According to the confidant, Kim first attempted to arrange a meeting with Daniels through his close friend, the former N.B.A. player Dennis Rodman, “but, when Dennis said that he didn’t know Stormy, Kim was, like, ‘Oh, well, I guess I’ll have to go through Trump, then.’ ”

Kim reportedly is prepared to use whatever leverage is necessary to force Trump to broker the meeting with the erstwhile porn performer. “If Kim doesn’t get to meet Stormy, the missile tests resume,” the confidant said.

When told about Kim’s real reason for offering to meet with Trump, a White House aide initially expressed shock, but then added, “Now everything makes sense.”

I LOL'd.

Offline

 

#811 2018-03-12 16:22:22

MAGA (Mueller Ain't Going Anywhere).

Five Days After Trump Lawyer Paid Adult Film Star $130,000, Trump Org Billed Trump Campaign $129,999.72

The seemingly strange coincidence is raising flags amid questions of Trump's possible involvement in the payout.

Five days after a lawyer for Donald Trump’s lawyer paid $130,000 to adult film star Stormy Daniels allegedly in exchange for her silence about a year-long affair with Trump, the company owned by Donald Trump billed his campaign a series of transactions that added up to exactly $129,999.72 — just 28 cents short of the payment made to Daniels...

https://www.inquisitr.com/4819278/five- … 129999-72/

Offline

 

#812 2018-03-12 17:18:00

Smudge wrote:

MAGA (Mueller Ain't Going Anywhere).

Five Days After Trump Lawyer Paid Adult Film Star $130,000, Trump Org Billed Trump Campaign $129,999.72

The seemingly strange coincidence is raising flags amid questions of Trump's possible involvement in the payout.

Five days after a lawyer for Donald Trump’s lawyer paid $130,000 to adult film star Stormy Daniels allegedly in exchange for her silence about a year-long affair with Trump, the company owned by Donald Trump billed his campaign a series of transactions that added up to exactly $129,999.72 — just 28 cents short of the payment made to Daniels...

https://www.inquisitr.com/4819278/five- … 129999-72/

Dude that was for the Cheezburgers and don't you forget it....

Last edited by Emmeran (2018-03-12 17:22:34)

Offline

 

#813 2018-03-12 17:21:24

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Furious about her treatment on the CBS news-magazine program on Sunday night, Betsy DeVos spoke to reporters on Monday, and called “60 Minutes” a “total waste of a half hour.”

“I had never watched ‘60 Minutes’ before, but I can tell you this, I will never watch it again,” the Education Secretary said. “I have better things to do with a half hour of my time.”

Calling her interviewer, Lesley Stahl, a practitioner of “gotcha journalism at its worst,” DeVos said that it was “very unfair of her to ask me so many questions about education.”

“She asked me one thing about schools, and then another, and another,” she said. “If I had to answer every question she had about schools, I would have had to bone up on education for a month.”

DeVos said that she was “frustrated” that Stahl neglected to ask her about any of her “really good ideas” for the nation’s schools, such as “purchasing guns for teachers with money that is currently being wasted on books.”

“If a bear comes into your classroom, throwing a book at him will only stun him momentarily, at best,” DeVos said.

Online

 

#814 2018-03-12 21:07:09

What's that word for the feeling that something meant as satire is actually real?

Definitely Poe's Law at work while I read that.

Last edited by Baywolfe (2018-03-12 21:08:17)

Offline

 

#815 2018-03-13 01:50:57

Yes, that's it.

The thing is, however, under the new Trumpian system, the whole world now operates that way. The line separating satire and reality has vanished. Everything is always both and neither, because everything means only whatever you want it to mean at that moment, and then means something entirely different whenever it is convenient for it to do so.

Offline

 

#816 2018-03-13 10:24:31

Smudge wrote:

Yes, that's it.

The thing is, however, under the new Trumpian system, the whole world now operates that way. The line separating satire and reality has vanished. Everything is always both and neither, because everything means only whatever you want it to mean at that moment, and then means something entirely different whenever it is convenient for it to do so.

War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength

Offline

 

#817 2018-03-14 11:11:49

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In a freewheeling conversation with reporters after his departure from the State Department on Tuesday, Rex Tillerson said that he “really hopes” that Donald Trump finds out that he is being impeached on Twitter.

“I mean, the way I see it playing out, he’s up at 3 A.M., starting a new feud with Oprah or someone, and that’s when he finds out,” Tillerson said. “My only regret is that I won’t be there to see it.”

Tillerson started laughing in what some witnesses described as a demonic manner as he imagined Trump learning of his impeachment on Twitter.

“I mean, you have to picture him with his BlackBerry in his itty-bitty hands, and that’s how he finds out,” Tillerson cackled. “It would serve the bastard right.”

Composing himself, Tillerson added, “Let me make something clear. I’ve done well for myself. I’ve lived a full life and, by any measure, a successful one. But, if there’s one last thing I have on my bucket list, it’s that Donald Trump finds out he’s being shitcanned on Twitter. I mean, you want to talk about sweet.”

Online

 

#818 2018-03-14 13:03:53

Thank you for that

Offline

 

#819 2018-03-14 13:48:55

Someone here at the Tegucigalpa airport read that Borowitz article out loud not five minutes before I signed on to High-Street, to a round of laughing and applause.

Offline

 

#820 2018-03-14 19:06:56

Vladimir Putin Concedes Defeat in Pennsylvania Special Election
“Our social-media trolls did some of their finest work to put Rick Saccone over the top, but we were a day late and a ruble short,” the Russian President said.

By Andy Borowitz
5:45 P.M.

Online

 

#821 2018-03-15 18:50:56

Don Don and Vanessa on the skids! Say it isn't so.

Donald Trump Jr.'s Wife Vanessa Files for Divorce After 12 Years of Marriage

...Although the two initially didn’t remember each other from their first meeting, Vanessa says she recalled blurting at one point, Wait, you’re “the one with the retarded dad!”

https://s17.postimg.org/v8xcdl7xr/gettyimages-577712712.jpg
~ Click ~

Offline

 

#822 2018-03-15 23:01:27

Why does she look 10 years older than he does? Maybe 15? The article says they are both 40.

Last edited by GooberMcNutly (2018-03-15 23:02:14)

Offline

 

#823 2018-03-16 00:58:24

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Why does she look 10 years older than he does? Maybe 15? The article says they are both 40.

Five kids will do that to some (probably most) women. My ex aged a decade after our son was born.

Offline

 

#824 2018-03-16 19:44:15

https://high-street.org/sidepic/trump.torture.png


~ click ~

Offline

 

#825 2018-03-19 13:06:55

Punishing the victims and cracking down on the suppliers

Some states already charge drug dealers with murder if customers overdose. In Florida, people who provide cocaine, heroin or the powerful opioid fentanyl to a person who dies from using the drug in question can be charged with first-degree murder and sentenced to either life in prison or death.

Well, unless that person is a Doctor being paid by the manufacturer to write a prescription...

Offline

 

Board footer

high-street.org