#1 2019-02-25 20:21:51

Shoveling through the sewers of Facebook.

And of course they are all hourly contractors, what a clear reflection of that asshole Zuckerberg.

Last edited by Emmeran (2019-02-26 14:37:55)

#2 2019-02-26 09:07:17

Shame on us for teaching children like Zuckerberg that profit margin is everything.  But, fuck all the snowflakes that can't handle the job.  Try working in a pre-OSHA factory where you stand up all day and bake in the summer and freeze in the winter.

#3 2019-02-26 11:06:26

Baywolfe wrote:

Shame on us for teaching children like Zuckerberg that profit margin is everything.  But, fuck all the snowflakes that can't handle the job.  Try working in a pre-OSHA factory where you stand up all day and bake in the summer and freeze in the winter.

Fat lot of good that did. OSHA was signed into law in early 1971 but 3 short years later, it was considered a nuisance and a disregarded joke. Clipboards were passed around attesting to attending a 20 min "safety seminar", 4 single pages with carbons between them. Hey, presto. In compliance.

I'd hired on an interstate road widening crew chainsawing trees between Frisco and Vail, CO [Vail Pass, I-70] because $5.50/hr. was big bucks in them days. My second week I watched an inept coworker slice off his knee and that was enough for me.

Last edited by choad (2019-02-26 11:07:16)

#4 2019-02-26 11:34:34

OSHA did clean up a lot of problems with warehouse and factory labor.  A lot less people getting crushed or pulled into machines.  It wasn't perfect by any means and, moving from Cleveland, Ohio to Houston, Texas was like stepping back ten to twenty years in time.

#5 2019-02-26 14:43:00

In the end physical hazards pale in comparisons to the nightmares you would suffer after watching bannable facebook videos all day.  As hardened and crusty fucker as I am I don't think I could do that 40 hours a week while being treated like that by the employers.

Fuck that, let's make Zuckerberg do it himself and see what changes and how fast...

Board footer

high-street.org