#26 2017-04-13 14:17:38

I'm very sorry to hear about your dog, Bigcat. I have a couple of pets that I still can't talk about years after they died. LIfe's a pretty tough business, and we can be forced to face that truth very directly when we lose the things we love, especially the beings that are connected to our hearts.

I hope you are both able to maintain some degree of comfort as you go through the transition.

#27 2017-04-13 20:26:40

Dmtdust wrote:

To ease any pain she is going through, I would suggest Cannabis.  I kept my old Familiar Mr. Nick alive for another year when he developed stomach/bowel cancer.  A bit in the morning, 1/2 hour before feeding.

Give her all your love, which I am sure you are doing.

Weed won't help. She is dead.

#28 2017-04-14 06:46:26

I'm really sorry, BC.  Get out in the mountains and let the wind take what it will.

#29 2017-04-14 07:35:01

Fled wrote:

I'm really sorry, BC.  Get out in the mountains and let the wind take what it will.

Thanks brother. That is good advice and I will follow it.

#30 2017-04-14 12:18:18

Bigcat wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

To ease any pain she is going through, I would suggest Cannabis.  I kept my old Familiar Mr. Nick alive for another year when he developed stomach/bowel cancer.  A bit in the morning, 1/2 hour before feeding.

Weed won't help. She is dead.

Misread.  sorry about yer pup.

#31 2017-04-14 13:44:09

I'm sorry for your loss. Do not run out and get a new puppy right away. One loved one of whatever species can never replace the one that is gone.

#32 2017-04-14 14:50:36

Dmtdust wrote:

Cannabis "butter" if you can find it.  Freeze it. Cut in small chunks. 
Helps w/ step-mom's trigeminal neuralgia (extremely nasty affliction).

On the more legal side.  Cannabinoids from Charlottes Web. 
Link:   https://www.cwhemp.com
Products are good quality.  They have a pet section. 

Bone marrow...
Indeed, sad news.

Last edited by JetRx (2017-04-14 14:59:37)

#33 2017-04-14 16:53:46

We did 19 weeks of chemo for the lymphoma. She was in remission. I took her in for 3 month checkup and there was a non cancerous tumor in her spleen. Had spleen removed. 4 months later, mass on her heart.

I tried. 2 hour drive to the vet 22 times and about 16 grand. Now I have a box of ashes, a cast of her paw print and photographs and memories of the most awesome living being ever.

I am fucking hollow.

Heading to mountains like fled said. Catch you guys in a month.

#34 2018-07-06 20:48:36

Just sent my boy Brewer on, I'll miss him.  Doc said liver failure caused by old age.

The last month has been a challenge just to get food into him and at his age of almost 15 for a Black Retriever time had run out.  Was force feeding him with a syringe the last few days as the local vet was on vacation.  When he couldn't eat bacon or salmon anymore we knew it was over.  I got lucky in that my neighbor has a backhoe so all I have to do is back-fill and plant his dogwood tree.

Today really sucks.

#35 2018-07-06 22:28:09

I'm sorry for your loss.  Our curse, as good cat owners, is to watch our cats retreat into second childhood while losing weight and even hair before they eventually have to be put down.  The last one was almost 20, the current one is 15, also has liver problems and weights less than half of what he weighed in his prime.  Just a matter of time.

Board footer

high-street.org