#1 2018-07-04 12:31:34

Is he working for Alex Jones? (If you don't know what he is known for, worth looking up)

https://www.micahmwhite.com/american-revolution

#2 2018-07-04 14:44:24

I also see the problem which White is describing, but I don't connect with his style of communication, nor accept that change will come in the form which he sees it arriving. I don't believe we'll solve our current range of problems by coming to the town square en mass with pitchforks and torches.

I also disagree with the way White personalizes the issues (the oligarchs are to blame, for example). I'm more comfortable looking at it as a systemic problem. The system of capitalism leads inevitably to instability unless it is tempered to limit the inevitable concentration of wealth, and resulting corruption of the political process which follows.

Marx pointed this out in the Nineteenth Century (correctly), and the only reason it didn't manifest earlier in America is because of the moderating effects of things like the New Deal. Once Reagan started us down the path of income distribution upwards, while decreasing social spending, it didn't take long for Capitalism to begin to destabilize society.

#3 2018-07-04 18:25:41

It's a Brave New World

#4 2018-07-04 18:40:41

Emmeran wrote:

It's a Brave New World

I'm kind of glad that I'm an old fart. I think the next fifty years might be a real wild ride.

#5 2018-07-05 10:51:34

Smudge wrote:

I also see the problem which White is describing, but I don't connect with his style of communication, nor accept that change will come in the form which he sees it arriving. I don't believe we'll solve our current range of problems by coming to the town square en mass with pitchforks and torches.

I also disagree with the way White personalizes the issues (the oligarchs are to blame, for example). I'm more comfortable looking at it as a systemic problem. The system of capitalism leads inevitably to instability unless it is tempered to limit the inevitable concentration of wealth, and resulting corruption of the political process which follows.

Marx pointed this out in the Nineteenth Century (correctly), and the only reason it didn't manifest earlier in America is because of the moderating effects of things like the New Deal. Once Reagan started us down the path of income distribution upwards, while decreasing social spending, it didn't take long for Capitalism to begin to destabilize society.

"We" (the unwashed masses) have stopped sending people of integrity to Washington and instead voted into office persons with the same despicable traits that they see in themselves.  Many of the people left who still had integrity have since left office unable to reconcile that politics was no longer the art of compromise and the Authoritarians and their "my way or the highway, thus saith the Lord" attitude has become the DeFacto rule of law.

Thus the way was opened for money to control politics on every level.  Call it an Oligarchy or not, the results are still the same.  The mid-term elections in November should show us everything we need to know about how things are going to go for the next two years, and perhaps even longer.  The whole world is going to be watching these elections.

Board footer

high-street.org