#2 2012-02-23 21:32:55

Well, at least it's a woman.

#3 2012-02-24 11:09:00

State senator in Idaho, who gives a fuck?

#4 2012-02-24 13:21:11

This is one state that always gives Republican satisfaction, therefore it is of interest in my book.  You might be attracted to Nevada or Arizona news along these lines, or not.  (probably not).

#5 2012-02-24 13:36:33

With the Edwards story currently in the news this article seems a bit pointless, this guy was just a two-bit politician from Podunk, Idaho who had a heterosexual affair with an adult.

Statistics tell us that a large number of adults have an adulturous affair at some point in their lives.

#6 2012-02-24 14:09:05

Emmeran wrote:

With the Edwards story currently in the news this article seems a bit pointless, this guy was just a two-bit politician from Podunk, Idaho who had a heterosexual affair with an adult.

Statistics tell us that a large number of adults have an adulturous affair at some point in their lives.

I agree: the fact that adults have affairs is not news. If people were simply honest about this sort of stuff, we'd be free of stupid concepts like "cheating" and the sanctity of relationships. Therein lies the point, though. Yeah, this dweeb is a two-bit pol from Podunk, Idaho, but his party insists upon placing institutions such as marriage on a pedestal. Human beings, like most animals, are not monogamous by nature. If monogamy works for an individual and his/her partner, cool, but it's absurd to worship it.

#7 2012-02-24 15:57:40

Well, I thought the article had merit, he steals SUV's, gets drunk and crashes them and yet wasn't booted for that.  It is the cumulative that I was admiring.

#8 2012-02-24 16:12:03

I agree with that, his entire body of work was quite amazing; frankly you have to admire the guy for his tenacity in the area of self-destruction.

#9 2012-02-24 16:21:25

The fact that he was getting pokeage is no longer a qualifier, heavens, the US is now moving to the Euro Model for Politicians.  Only if they are caught with something/someone they legislate against, or unusual, you know: Sex With Dogs etc..

#10 2012-02-24 21:16:20

Emmeran wrote:

The story, gentlemen, states that this man was accused of sexually harassing an employee.  That's a far goddamn cry from an "affair with an adult."

I do agree that even if he'd been having a consensual grownup affair, that business with getting drunk and stealing and wrecking a vehicle should have been enough to end his career of public service.

#11 2012-02-24 22:56:43

George Orr wrote:

The story, gentlemen, states that this man was accused of sexually harassing an employee.  That's a far goddamn cry from an "affair with an adult."

Sexual harassment has become a bullshit charge, not worth mentioning in these modern times.  Any person is allowed to flirt with any other up until the flirtee formally asks the flirter to stop; and a giggling "oh, stop it" doesn't count.

(Hilariously enough, I'm considered the subject matter in my office and and always asked to take the Sexual Harassment classes first; naturally I also am the one who always passes with flying colors.  Thank you Tail-hook.)

Board footer

high-street.org