#1251 2019-04-21 08:11:15

Online

 

#1252 2019-04-25 20:14:58

choad wrote:

Good one, Choad.
Chomskys take...accurate as it comes.

Offline

 

#1255 2019-05-11 10:46:28

Doonesbury August 12, 1974.  Because there really is nothing new under the sun.

Offline

 

#1256 2019-05-13 17:20:41

Insanity may be doing the same thing again and expecting different results but stupidity is doing the same thing again and not even understanding what the results were.

http://high-street.org/uploads/157_dow-2019-05-13_16-18-04.png

http://high-street.org/uploads/157_tariff_man_2.jpg

http://high-street.org/uploads/157_tariff_man.jpg

Offline

 

#1258 2019-05-17 18:27:08

https://high-street.org/sidepic/robocall.png
~ click ~

Online

 

#1260 2019-05-20 20:33:15

C'mon that's a low blow, like asking people if they would drink dihydrogen monoxide (or the more correct, hydrogen hydroxide).  Being uneducated is different from actually being a tard.

Offline

 

#1261 2019-05-20 21:13:24

Baywolfe wrote:

C'mon that's a low blow, like asking people if they would drink dihydrogen monoxide (or the more correct, hydrogen hydroxide).  Being uneducated is different from actually being a tard.

Is it? The public school 2nd grade I attended in 1961 taught us ghastly Roman Numerals after we learned to add and subtract their delightful Arabic counterparts. How does anyone but a tard miss that?

Online

 

#1262 2019-05-21 06:43:25

I actually hadn't thought about them as "Arabic Numerals" again until just the other week, something triggered me to check the mental archives and I went and found the glorious moment when I learned that tidbit.  At that youthful time I actually envisioned Roman and Arab scholars arguing over which was better...


http://high-street.org/uploads/11_numerals.jpg

Last edited by Emmeran (2019-05-21 06:53:05)

Offline

 

#1263 2019-05-21 10:52:34

As the article pointed out, they're actually Indian Numerals, although there is some argument as to whether Aryabhata actually invented the zero.

Offline

 

#1264 2019-05-27 20:40:18

ENOUGH! Everyone, back on task.


http://high-street.org/uploads/thumbs/307_ce55f5da-2dc8-4ad6-986e-ad74753b666a.png

Offline

 

#1265 2019-05-28 16:51:56

JetRx wrote:

ENOUGH! Everyone, back on task.


http://high-street.org/uploads/thumbs/3 … 3b666a.png

tRump took his toys and went home.  Doesn't want to play with those mean ole Democrats anymore, who keep insisting that laws still mean something in this country.  So unless we're going to rename this link TrumpDecation, it's just more of the same nonsense every day.  Russia actually interfered in an American Presidential election and the GOP is worried that too many brown and black people are voting illegally, while at the same time putting as many Jim Crow voting roadblocks as they can muster.

Offline

 

#1266 2019-05-28 20:11:00

Baywolfe wrote:

JetRx wrote:

ENOUGH! Everyone, back on task.


http://high-street.org/uploads/thumbs/3 … 3b666a.png

tRump took his toys and went home.  Doesn't want to play with those mean ole Democrats anymore, who keep insisting that laws still mean something in this country.  So unless we're going to rename this link TrumpDecation, it's just more of the same nonsense every day.  Russia actually interfered in an American Presidential election and the GOP is worried that too many brown and black people are voting illegally, while at the same time putting as many Jim Crow voting roadblocks as they can muster.

Eh?  Whatevars....

Dem's remain the most corrupt party even going so far as spiking the campaign of Sanders (who would have handily spanked Trump) so they could check their "Female" president check box.  Now they are trying to force Biden/Buttlickereg on us to get another check box.  Fuck the Dem's they suck more than the Repugnants.

Now my fellow conservatives need to un-Ass themselves and stop being as obviously sold out to as the Dem's to Big Corps and Big Religion.

For fucks sake I've now registered as "Pirate" and will only vote for anyone who promises me a fair share of the take.

Last edited by Emmeran (2019-05-28 20:14:23)

Offline

 

#1267 2019-05-28 21:07:18

The GOP sold out to Northern Catholics and Evangelicals.  Two groups that were finding themselves increasing disenfranchised in a ever growing secular world.

The Democrats finally got rid of the "Super-Delegates" concept that cost them the last election.  They were arrogant enough to think that anybody could beat Trump, even a corrupt old murderess like Hillary.  And yes, many Liberals held their noses and voted but Middle America gave a great big fuck you finger to their candidate.

The core of both parties suck on the Corporate teat.  Probably the Russian Oligarch teat as well.  As has been said by wiser persons than me, we're doomed if we can't get the big money out of politics.  We should seek out every installation of Citizens United, burn them to the ground, and summarily execute all those behind it.  The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Our only hope is the millennials who have championed unions, universal basic income, free healthcare, and free college tuition for all.  Their only fault is expecting the people who have all the wealth to pay for it.  If they found a way to make it a middle class tax, everybody would be in favor of it (except for the diminishing middle class, of course).

Last edited by Baywolfe (2019-05-28 21:07:53)

Offline

 

#1268 2019-05-30 23:39:23

Trumps artificial inflation, so cars, appliances, fruit and veggies are about to go through the roof in price. 

So much for our economy, move it to cash fella's the ripple effects of this are going to be ugly; there is a point where the rest of the world label's us as "complete assholes" and sides against us in an attempt to prevent a global meltdown.

Last edited by Emmeran (2019-05-30 23:44:53)

Offline

 

#1269 2019-05-31 00:16:06

Emmeran wrote:

Trumps artificial inflation, so cars, appliances, fruit and veggies are about to go through the roof in price. 

So much for our economy, move it to cash fella's the ripple effects of this are going to be ugly; there is a point where the rest of the world label's us as "complete assholes" and sides against us in an attempt to prevent a global meltdown.

Multinationals are being penalized for using third world slave labor to outsource US jobs?
Snowflakes can't be bothered to work menial job to PAY their college tuition?
Emmeran was a Devil Dog?

Offline

 

#1270 2019-05-31 00:34:10

JetRx wrote:

Multinationals are being penalized for using third world slave labor to outsource US jobs?
Snowflakes can't be bothered to work menial job to PAY their college tuition?
Emmeran was a Devil Dog?

Parrot FOX News much?

Offline

 

#1271 2019-05-31 10:12:31

Emmeran wrote:

Trumps artificial inflation, so cars, appliances, fruit and veggies are about to go through the roof in price. 

So much for our economy, move it to cash fella's the ripple effects of this are going to be ugly; there is a point where the rest of the world label's us as "complete assholes" and sides against us in an attempt to prevent a global meltdown.

Well, the DOW just dropped below 25,000 on the news, so we know investors opinions on the move.  As the old saying goes,

"It ainít what you donít know that gets you into trouble. Itís what you know for sure that just ainít so."

I understand that textbook Narcissism includes the need to be thought smarter than everybody else and not taking advice from anybody, but even the GOP can't be happy that Trump is tanking the economy when it would have been humming along nicely if he had just kept this stubby little fingers off of it.

Offline

 

#1272 2019-05-31 10:25:13

Our largest import from Mexico is cars, however it is a cross border manufacturing process with some assemblies & sub-assemblies crossing the border as many as six times in the manufacturing process; what a fucking tariff nightmare.

Offline

 

#1273 2019-05-31 11:20:17

Don't forget
http://high-street.org/uploads/157_afm_vert_no_tagline.jpg

Offline

 

#1274 2019-05-31 12:07:02

Baywolfe wrote:

Don't forget

http://high-street.org/sidepic/avocadoskull.png

California exports avocados superior to any you find in Mexico. Peru, too but that's not the point, is it? This is willful chaos.

Online

 

#1275 2019-06-01 11:32:09

choad wrote:

California exports avocados superior to any you find in Mexico. Peru, too but that's not the point, is it? This is willful chaos.

Maybe where you are California avocados are better but the ones we get in Texas taste "woody" and have huge pits and, therefore, less meat.  The Peru ones, or at least the Peru HASS ones, are better than California and larger too.  I don't have any complaints with the Mexican avocados and, with a market share of around ~80% and year-round availability, we always have something on the shelves.

Offline

 

#1278 2019-06-11 09:22:07

https://high-street.org/sidepic/beagleboys.png


~ click ~

Online

 

#1279 2019-06-11 14:41:44

Well Duh...   That was all a given.

Offline

 

Board footer

high-street.org