#651 2018-01-17 16:44:53

He got a perfect score my hairy Irish ass.

Offline

 

#652 2018-01-17 16:47:59

LOL...

And he was half a pound under the limit which would define him as obese.

https://i.imgflip.com/13wbkf.jpg

Offline

 

#653 2018-01-17 19:23:25

"Even the conservative press is pointing out that the Republicans are threatening to shut the gov't down to punish the Republicans for not conceding to Republican demands.

Offline

 

#654 2018-01-18 01:50:08

If you pay the publisher a fee, they will include your web address on a permanent block list so that there will be absolutely no chance that you will, even accidentally, read anything about Trump having sex. I have already paid:

https://i2.wp.com/snn.bz/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/donald-trump-stormy-daniels.jpg

...According to the source, the transcript contains details of “[w]hat he’s like in bed, pillow talk, she talks about what he’s like down there…”

The source declined to go into more details but added that Daniels was not paid for the interview. Suffice to say, the American public is going to learn much more about the president’s body than they could possibly have learned from the physical he performed last week...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/intouch-t … with-trump

Offline

 

#655 2018-01-18 09:29:33

'Girther movement' born as internet questions truth about Donald Trump's height and weight

https://s18.postimg.org/ikqsi4fyh/gop-2016-trump.jpg
~ Click ~

Offline

 

#656 2018-01-18 15:38:22

Wow - he conceived that idea all by himself did he?  Just fucking wow...

Offline

 

#657 2018-01-18 15:57:33

Smudge wrote:

'Girther movement' born as internet questions truth about Donald Trump's height and weight

https://s18.postimg.org/ikqsi4fyh/gop-2016-trump.jpg
~ Click ~

I realize that Dr. Ronny Jackson isn't the first doctor to stand up and lie in our faces on things, but I really resent the quasi-military outfit he's got on while he's doing it.  Did everybody on his staff sell their souls to work for Donald Jackass Trump?

Offline

 

#658 2018-01-18 16:09:30

Baywolfe wrote:

I realize that Dr. Ronny Jackson isn't the first doctor to stand up and lie in our faces on things, but I really resent the quasi-military outfit he's got on while he's doing it.  Did everybody on his staff sell their souls to work for Donald Jackass Trump?

You ask that question like you don't already know the answer.

https://s18.postimg.org/hmssz2yt5/DIGHg_Z5_UAAArbhp.jpg
https://twitter.com/wthtwits/status/901150162478694400

Offline

 

#659 2018-01-19 18:40:28

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26907695_427748957695261_7866761913360410130_n.jpg?oh=302a88579bf896d4792fd9505735b4dc&oe=5AFD91A6

Last edited by Mugwump (2018-01-19 18:40:57)

Offline

 

#660 2018-01-21 02:11:15

White House voicemail says "Government closed", blames Dems. Poor Chuck Schumer; he doesn't know who he's messing with.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/the- … .km5GNz3kM

Offline

 

#661 2018-01-21 09:12:45

"Cadet Bone Spurs".....

Tammy rocks !

Offline

 

#662 2018-01-21 10:22:34

Smudge wrote:

White House voicemail says "Government closed", blames Dems. Poor Chuck Schumer; he doesn't know who he's messing with.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/the- … .km5GNz3kM

Why aren't the Democrats hammering home the point that the Republicans control both the Senate and the House of Representatives?  All they seem to be doing is hurling insults.  That tactic doesn't work with their base and the people that would fall for it are already lifetime cult members of The Donald.

Offline

 

#663 2018-01-21 11:06:17

Baywolfe wrote:

Why aren't the Democrats hammering home the point that the Republicans control both the Senate and the House of Representatives?  All they seem to be doing is hurling insults.  That tactic doesn't work with their base and the people that would fall for it are already lifetime cult members of The Donald.

Most likely because the Democrats don't have centralized message machinery the way that Republicans do. But that's changing. Democrats have no choice but to evolve into a similar style of 'take no prisoners' politicking to match Republican tactics -- simply to minimize their losses. Democrats will continue to get more and more militant. It's inevitable.

I expect this kind of face off to continue and to get steadily worse. Nothing else can result from the quagmire our political processes have devolved into.

Everyone will get hurt by this shutdown (the American people most of all) but Trump -- already staggeringly weak -- will get hurt the worst of all, because this flies directly in the face of one of Trump's primary deceptions; that he's a consummate deal maker. Neither party can get a deal done when Trump is involved in the process; he's a chaotic mess,

Offline

 

#664 2018-01-21 21:22:17

Smudge wrote:

Neither party can get a deal done when Trump is involved in the process; he's a chaotic mess,

Trump and his wing nut advisers like Stephen Miller.

Offline

 

#665 2018-01-23 12:00:08

Read this one carefully. It's primarily a legal article rather than a political one. According to this former deputy assistant attorney general, it's likely that Trump is soon going to be forced to testify, or plead the 5th Amendment.

Sweet words we may soon hear: 'Mr. President, you are a target for obstruction of justice charges'

https://s18.postimg.org/c6vbj4kex/VQRFTMHEYJE6_XMKS5_PWB5_CNKTA.jpg
~ Click ~

Offline

 

#666 2018-01-23 12:38:14

So Trump has to testify to have any chance of staving off charges. But Trump can't testify because he will only add additional counts to the obstruction charges. Zugzwang.

That's a pretty sweet Catch 22.

Offline

 

#667 2018-01-23 14:10:03

Baywolfe wrote:

So Trump has to testify to have any chance of staving off charges. But Trump can't testify because he will only add additional counts to the obstruction charges. Zugzwang.

That's a pretty sweet Catch 22.

Lying is always a Catch-22.

Offline

 

#668 2018-01-23 17:42:48

Emmeran wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

So Trump has to testify to have any chance of staving off charges. But Trump can't testify because he will only add additional counts to the obstruction charges. Zugzwang.

That's a pretty sweet Catch 22.

Lying is always a Catch-22.

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.

Offline

 

#669 2018-01-25 16:11:31

The inevitable conclusion to Trump approving tariffs on foreign made washing machines and dryers, LG is raising prices 15% to 20%.

In another article:

Samsung and LG are among the top exporters of washers to the United States. For Samsung, the tariffs are somewhat puzzling because it moved production of its washing machines two weeks ago to a new plant in South Carolina that will employ 600 Americans. Samsung said Monday that "everyone will pay more, with fewer choices." LG added that it was very disappointed with Trump's tariffs.

The tariffs add a wrinkle to the renegotiation of NAFTA, the trade pact between the United States, Mexico and Canada. Talks resumed Tuesday, and Mexican officials noted that they will respond to the tariffs.

But if Mexico retaliates, it may not be an old fashioned, tit-for-tat response, experts say. For example, Mexico buys lots of corn and soybeans from the United States. It's already been importing more of those commodities from Brazil and Argentina. Instead of adding a tariff on American corn or soy, Mexico could simply ramp up imports from South America.

"The Mexicans are in a good position there in terms of being able to retaliate without imposing costs on [Mexican] consumers," says Matthew Rooney, director of economic growth at the Bush Institute in Texas.

America, the GOP, and the Trump Administration are about to find out that we're not the economic giant that we used to be and think we still are.

Offline

 

#671 2018-01-25 18:55:54

Baywolfe wrote:

The inevitable conclusion to Trump approving tariffs on foreign made washing machines and dryers, LG is raising prices 15% to 20%.

In another article:

America, the GOP, and the Trump Administration are about to find out that we're not the economic giant that we used to be and think we still are.

Trump is regressing and regressing fast.  We're back to about the 1980's already but the 1970's are coming quick.

Offline

 

#672 2018-01-25 18:59:35

This is dim witted even for Trump:

https://s18.postimg.org/hvltyjymx/london-protest-anti-trump-797996.jpg
~ Click ~

Congratulations are due for UK protesters; this is a proud moment.

Offline

 

#673 2018-01-25 20:30:18

Emmeran wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

The inevitable conclusion to Trump approving tariffs on foreign made washing machines and dryers, LG is raising prices 15% to 20%.

In another article:

America, the GOP, and the Trump Administration are about to find out that we're not the economic giant that we used to be and think we still are.

Trump is regressing and regressing fast.  We're back to about the 1980's already but the 1970's are coming quick.

I think that black Americans would argue that we're rapidly closing in on a date prior to July 2, 1964.

Offline

 

#674 2018-01-26 11:26:23

Empire of Graveyards

Can we just stop it with Presidents (from both parties) doubling down on *guaranteeing* peace in the 'stans? All we do is manufacture more people who hate all that America stands for just because we keep blowing up their mud huts and families with silent drone strikes like it's going to bring them to love us?

Offline

 

#675 2018-01-26 12:58:33

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Empire of Graveyards

Can we just stop it with Presidents (from both parties) doubling down on *guaranteeing* peace in the 'stans? All we do is manufacture more people who hate all that America stands for just because we keep blowing up their mud huts and families with silent drone strikes like it's going to bring them to love us?

First of all that is some top notch writing.  I usually gloss through a lot of the links here if they're long but that was a masterpiece. 

Eisenhower and others warned us.  It's not Vietnam/Iran/Iraq/Syria/Afghanistan/Korea/Mars/etc. that's the problem, it's the machinery in place to support The Great American Empire.   It's Manifest Destiny + The Crusades blown up on steroids, monetized, and radicalized. 

In short, it's everything we've always blamed on the "bad guys" in this world.  We have met the enemy and he is us, indeed.

Offline

 

#676 2018-01-26 15:22:29

It's the one silver lining to watching the American colossus take a knee: we will get to stop playing the world's policeman and let China or Russia fuck it up for a while. Wait until the Indians, Africans and South Americans start squirming under their economic yoke and blowing up Chinese company assets and the poor grunts that get thrown in to defend them.

Offline

 

#677 2018-01-26 15:49:43

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Empire of Graveyards

Can we just stop it with Presidents (from both parties) doubling down on *guaranteeing* peace in the 'stans? All we do is manufacture more people who hate all that America stands for just because we keep blowing up their mud huts and families with silent drone strikes like it's going to bring them to love us?

Yes. That's a good article. Thanks.

Offline

 

#678 2018-01-27 08:50:15

The Ambassador in the Slut Shirt protests a little too loudly.

http://high-street.org/uploads/11_slutshirt.jpg

- Click the tits

Offline

 

#679 2018-01-27 08:55:58

Just for sarcastic fun after listening to the Far Right whine for a decade: Trumps flying freezer.

(Disclaimer - I do understand that these costs aren't related to who's in office)

Offline

 

#680 2018-01-27 19:49:42

On the Radical Right


(Disclaimer: I consider Radical Christianity, Radical Islam and Radical Judea all to be part of the Radical Right)

Offline

 

#681 2018-01-28 13:48:15

Emmeran wrote:

On the Radical Right


(Disclaimer: I consider Radical Christianity, Radical Islam and Radical Judea all to be part of the Radical Right)

Nothing that hasn't been said here repeatedly.  A 100 megaton nuclear bomb dropped right in the middle of Jerusalem would be a first good volley in the war to wipe Abrahamic religions from this planet.  Then we turn inwards and start A) removing tax-exempt status from all these mega-churches and B) start prosecuting the worst ones under existing hate-crime laws.

Offline

 

#683 2018-01-29 17:48:55

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—With just one day until Donald J. Trump’s first State of the Union address, the cast of “Fox and Friends” is working furiously on the final draft of the speech, members confirmed today.

“We’ve really been burning the midnight oil,” Steve Doocy, the host of the Fox program, said. “We have so much to say tomorrow night, and we want to get it all in there.”

Doocy said that when he read the first draft of the State of the Union address last week, he “kind of flipped out” when he realized that there was “absolutely no mention of Hillary Clinton’s Hydra-like tentacles controlling the Deep State.”

“The State of the Union address is the President’s chance to tell the American people where the country is and where it’s going,” Doocy said. “You can’t do that without talking about how Crooked Hillary is funnelling her Russian-uranium riches directly into Bob Mueller’s bank account in the Seychelles.”

While Trump reportedly has had input from other sources, including the Fox News anchor Sean Hannity, the conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, and several neo-Nazi Twitter accounts, Doocy said that the cast of “Fox & Friends” has final approval of the version that Trump will read Tuesday night.

“Someone has to have the last word,” Doocy said. “There are a lot of voices in President Trump’s head, and that’s not including the actual voices that are always in his head.”

Offline

 

#684 2018-01-30 02:26:25

You just can not make this shit up.

http://high-street.org/uploads/359_duu-migxuaajn5s.jpeg

Offline

 

#685 2018-01-30 11:04:01

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

You just can not make this shit up.

http://high-street.org/uploads/359_duu-migxuaajn5s.jpeg

There is probably a department of 20 people buried under the Congress that still run the engraving machines to print those.

Offline

 

#686 2018-01-30 13:55:20

The Guggenheim Museum has reportedly turned down a White House request to borrow a Van Gogh painting, and has instead offered the Trump administration the use of a golden toilet.

Offline

 

#687 2018-01-30 15:07:23

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

You just can not make this shit up.

http://high-street.org/uploads/359_duu-migxuaajn5s.jpeg

There is probably a department of 20 people buried under the Congress that still run the engraving machines to print those.

I mean really? What kind of American would be allowed do this with their blatantly atrocious spelling to such a shining occasion for our exceptionalism?  It's as if Trump moved his Dominican chain migration visa maids up from Mar Largo into the basement of the capitol to do the spelling Americans just don't want do.

If that is the way they are going to treat such a solemn event, might as well just sell ads and banner space for the State of the Union plastered right below the President's face. Oh wait... great minds think alike.

Offline

 

#688 2018-01-30 18:07:44

President Trump is seeking to parlay his first State of the Union address Tuesday into cash for his reelection campaign by offering supporters a chance to see their name flashed on the campaign's website during the speech.

In a fundraising solicitation Monday, Trump offered those willing to pay at least $35 the opportunity to see their name displayed during a live-streaming of the address on the website.

“This is a movement,” the solicitation says. “It’s not about just one of us. It’s about ALL of us. Which is why your name deserves to be displayed during Tuesday night’s speech.”

The Web page to which the solicitation links offers donors the opportunity to contribute as much as $2,700 — the maximum amount allowed per election.

[Trump’s first State of the Union: Can a divisive president flip the script?]

As of late Tuesday afternoon, the pitch had generated $1 million in contributions from more than 75,000 individuals, according to Cassie Smedile, a spokeswoman for the Republican National Committee. Money raised by solicitation will benefit not only Trump's campaign but also the RNC and joint fundraising committee, she said.

Offline

 

#689 2018-01-30 19:28:26

Offline

 

#690 2018-01-31 07:55:21

http://high-street.org/uploads/thumbs/307_20180130_rebutt1_1.jpg


Winning...bigly...

Just caught the Blue moon & total eclipse...blood moon in progress. 

Freezing my ass off.
Finlandia antifreeze down the hatch for the finish...or was that Finnish?

Last edited by JetRx (2018-01-31 08:25:18)

Offline

 

#691 2018-01-31 14:30:55

JetRx wrote:

http://high-street.org/uploads/thumbs/3 … utt1_1.jpg


Winning...bigly...

Just caught the Blue moon & total eclipse...blood moon in progress. 

Freezing my ass off.
Finlandia antifreeze down the hatch for the finish...or was that Finnish?

After one year they can take the credit for a booming economy if they want but it's always the result of the previous administrations's efforts.  Now that we are into year two, however, all the chickens will begin to come home to roost including the fact that the dollar is tanking around the world and our President's "America is open for Business" invitation is falling on deaf ears in an resurgent Europe and elsewhere.

Offline

 

#692 2018-01-31 16:56:45

Baywolfe wrote:

JetRx wrote:

http://high-street.org/uploads/thumbs/3 … utt1_1.jpg


Winning...bigly...

Just caught the Blue moon & total eclipse...blood moon in progress. 

Freezing my ass off.
Finlandia antifreeze down the hatch for the finish...or was that Finnish?

After one year they can take the credit for a booming economy if they want but it's always the result of the previous administrations's efforts.  Now that we are into year two, however, all the chickens will begin to come home to roost including the fact that the dollar is tanking around the world and our President's "America is open for Business" invitation is falling on deaf ears in an resurgent Europe and elsewhere.

I second all of this.

Offline

 

#693 2018-01-31 23:44:15

http://high-street.org/uploads/thumbs/307_20180131_daca.jpg

Offline

 

#694 2018-02-02 07:48:12

http://high-street.org/uploads/thumbs/11_maga_tinfoil.jpg

Offline

 

#695 2018-02-02 09:01:52

"All should appreciate the FBI speaking up. I wish more of our leaders would," Comey tweeted on Thursday. "But take heart: American history shows that, in the long run, weasels and liars never hold the field, so long as good people stand up

"release the Memo" the battle cry of the woefully ignorant trump/republicans claim to be the law and order party yet continue an attack of unimpeachable patriots in the FBI to support a draft dodging liar named-trump. what has happened to the real republican party? they were a party of honor and strength now bottom dwellers subservient to the most ignorant MF ever to hold public office. if you believe trumps attempt to save himself from the investigation over the word of the\FBI- Trum-pets- if trump were innocent of any/all charges pending he would welcome the investigation instead of trying to block it and defame the real patriots.

Offline

 

#696 2018-02-02 09:47:31

Mugwump wrote:

...what has happened to the real republican party? they were a party of honor and strength now bottom dwellers subservient to the most ignorant MF ever to hold public office.

This is what happened.

Offline

 

#697 2018-02-02 09:56:57

Trump’s Corruption of the American Republic
Roger Cohen

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2018/02/05/opinion/03cohen-inyt/03cohen-inyt-master768.jpg

President Trump’s most significant, and ominous, achievement in his first year in office is the corruption of the Republic. I don’t mean that he has succeeded in destroying the checks and balances on which American freedom rests. I mean that he has so soiled the discourse that a kind of numbness has set in, an exhaustion of outrage that allows him to proceed with the unthinkable...

Read the rest: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/02/opin … ublic.html

Offline

 

#698 2018-02-02 14:53:13

Ouch!!

The markets giveth and the markets taketh away.

Offline

 

#699 2018-02-02 15:07:53

Emmeran wrote:

Ouch!!

The markets giveth and the markets taketh away.

Nonsense!

That's just some residual Obamaness which just leaked out.

Offline

 

#700 2018-02-03 08:52:29

Offline

 

Board footer

high-street.org