#377 2018-01-11 21:28:07

Both jobs that nobody wants to do, why not use robots? Sure, people do the work to feed their families because they can't imagine doing anything else, but I can't believe that they actually *want* do the work.

Offline

 

#379 2018-01-14 09:33:36

Emmeran wrote:

Resistance is futile

Finally, a car too smart for most of the knuckle draggers on this planet to operate.

Offline

 

#380 2018-01-14 11:55:50

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Both jobs that nobody wants to do, why not use robots? Sure, people do the work to feed their families because they can't imagine doing anything else, but I can't believe that they actually *want* do the work.

The robots may have my job only if they pay me to do it.

Online

 

#381 2018-01-14 12:05:41

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Both jobs that nobody wants to do, why not use robots? Sure, people do the work to feed their families because they can't imagine doing anything else, but I can't believe that they actually *want* do the work.

The robots may have my job only if they pay me to do it.

Ironically, there are discussions happening about taxing robots, because when a robot replaces a person, the former worker's tax contribution is lost. Our economic system generally is woefully unprepared to cope with the problems which arise when people are replaced by machines.

Offline

 

#382 2018-01-14 13:18:38

Great, Robots will be declared people soon enough and have their own lobbyists. Who will negotiate robot corporate income tax at rates much more favorable than actual living meat humans.

Online

 

#383 2018-01-14 13:20:24

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Both jobs that nobody wants to do, why not use robots? Sure, people do the work to feed their families because they can't imagine doing anything else, but I can't believe that they actually *want* do the work.

The robots may have my job only if they pay me to do it.

Baywolfe wrote:

We should do away with the absolutely specious notion that everybody has to earn a living. It is a fact today that one in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest. The youth of today are absolutely right in recognizing this nonsense of earning a living. We keep inventing jobs because of this false idea that everybody has to be employed at some kind of drudgery because, according to Malthusian Darwinian theory he must justify his right to exist. So we have inspectors of inspectors and people making instruments for inspectors to inspect inspectors. The true business of people should be to go back to school and think about whatever it was they were thinking about before somebody came along and told them they had to earn a living.

--Buckminster Fuller

Last edited by Baywolfe (2018-01-14 13:20:51)

Offline

 

#384 2018-01-14 14:07:33

Baywolfe wrote:

We should do away with the absolutely specious notion that everybody has to earn a living. It is a fact today that one in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest. The youth of today are absolutely right in recognizing this nonsense of earning a living. We keep inventing jobs because of this false idea that everybody has to be employed at some kind of drudgery because, according to Malthusian Darwinian theory he must justify his right to exist. So we have inspectors of inspectors and people making instruments for inspectors to inspect inspectors. The true business of people should be to go back to school and think about whatever it was they were thinking about before somebody came along and told them they had to earn a living.

--Buckminster Fuller

Offline

 

#387 Yesterday 14:55:14

Emmeran wrote:

Always listening....

When they sell them for less than half of the manufacturing cost, much less the development and support costs, you have to wonder where they will be making up the difference...

Offline

 

#388 Yesterday 15:14:18

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Always listening....

When they sell them for less than half of the manufacturing cost, much less the development and support costs, you have to wonder where they will be making up the difference...

Ah, yes; if you can't figure out what product they are selling to make money, then you yourself are the product.

I would voluntarily drive bamboo shoots under my own fingernails before I would have one of those in my house.

Offline

 

#389 Yesterday 15:29:48

I do AWS development for filthy lucre and they are pushing their dev corps hard to add Alexa skills. I wanted to add a skill to reply when you say "Alexa, go fuck yourself". But what should it respond?

Offline

 

#390 Yesterday 15:46:15

GooberMcNutly wrote:

"Alexa, go fuck yourself". But what should it respond?

A deep throated moan....

Last edited by Emmeran (Yesterday 15:46:29)

Offline

 

Board footer

high-street.org