#1 2012-04-03 09:44:16





Last edited by Emmeran (2012-04-03 09:52:05)

Offline

 

#2 2012-04-03 10:19:50

Offline

 

#3 2012-04-03 10:21:15

Offline

 

#5 2012-04-03 11:06:08

NEVAR 4GET

Offline

 

#6 2012-04-03 16:04:02

You guys are still stuck in the paradigm of a 10 year old with some cool hotwheels cars. Come with me into the future children.

The robots there will be made of smart sand.

Offline

 

#8 2012-04-26 12:13:05

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/cd_tray_fight.png

Offline

 

#9 2012-04-26 13:00:35

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

You guys are still stuck in the paradigm of a 10 year old with some cool hotwheels cars. Come with me into the future children.

The robots there will be made of smart sand.

Nano tech scares the bejeebus out of me.  I am afraid that the good it can do will be far outweighed by the bad.

Offline

 

#13 2012-04-27 12:47:29

Automated killing machines, that's what we need.

http://www.cyberpunkreview.com/images/robocop10.jpg

Offline

 

#14 2012-04-27 13:02:09

phreddy wrote:

Automated killing machines, that's what we need.

http://www.cyberpunkreview.com/images/robocop10.jpg

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/skynet.png

Offline

 

#15 2012-04-27 16:37:22

Less automated but just as fun for the home hobbiest:
Quadrotor with Machine Gun!

Offline

 

#16 2012-04-28 10:35:36

MrCreosote wrote:

Less automated but just as fun for the home hobbiest:
Quadrotor with Machine Gun!

Happily even though that capability actually exists today it is safe in the hands of our trustworthy authorities.

Offline

 

#18 2012-05-24 15:58:41

Whatever technological advances happen, you know pr0n will be at the forefront... I still can't decide if that titillates or disgusts me, which is kind of the way I like it...

Offline

 

#19 2012-05-24 20:29:29

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Whatever technological advances happen, you know pr0n will be at the forefront... I still can't decide if that titillates or disgusts me, which is kind of the way I like it...

Are you now suggesting that Terminator will in all actuality be a Real Doll?

Offline

 

#20 2012-05-24 22:41:06

Emmeran wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Whatever technological advances happen, you know pr0n will be at the forefront... I still can't decide if that titillates or disgusts me, which is kind of the way I like it...

Are you now suggesting that Terminator will in all actuality be a Real Doll?

Or vicey versey...

Offline

 

#22 2012-06-01 09:05:55

http://high-street.org/uploads/11_boneless-chicken-ranch-far-side.jpg

~ Clicky ~

Offline

 

#23 2012-06-01 13:31:03

I read about that in the paper but was never able to find a video of it in operation.

When they invent a crab picking machine, THEN I will be impressed.

Offline

 

#24 2012-06-01 19:56:03

GooberMcNutly wrote:

When they invent a crab picking machine, THEN I will be impressed.

Me, too.  Also, fatter.

Offline

 

#25 2012-06-01 23:36:08

George Orr wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

When they invent a crab picking machine, THEN I will be impressed.

Me, too.  Also, fatter.

Indeed.  Blue crab netted that day and killed via boiling water in my own kitchen are one of the few things I miss about Florida.

Offline

 

#26 2012-06-02 09:55:35

George Orr wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

When they invent a crab picking machine, THEN I will be impressed.

Me, too.  Also, fatter.

Yeah. You could just about starve to death eating crab if it weren't for the restorative power of beer.

But I hope they never do invent a crab picking machine. We will kiss the last crab goodbye about 5 years later.

Offline

 

#28 2012-06-27 13:25:25



Vicious handjobs.

Offline

 

#29 2012-06-28 17:47:00

ah297900 wrote:



Vicious handjobs.

I can beat this machine every time:

http://rlv.zcache.com/finger_gun_pistol_shooting_hand_sign_gesture_card-p137679808455017483b2ico_400.jpg


Anyway, even a child can always beat the robot with Three Stooges RPS.

Offline

 

#32 2012-10-25 11:19:54

That video is a bit scary, I know humans that couldn't navigate that...


http://high-street.org/uploads/11_thor-robot.jpg

Offline

 

#33 2012-10-25 22:31:56

Do you think that robot is pathfinding on it's own, or just testing the servos?

And the pulsing blue chest light? Showboating for the generals in charge of procurement or just doing it to be cool?

Offline

 

#37 2012-11-05 19:54:49

Offline

 

#38 2012-11-07 11:01:16

Offline

 

#39 2012-11-13 21:05:43

and now, FoxConn

Offline

 

#40 2012-12-11 07:55:59

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17fibotsz6g6gjpg/xlarge.jpg

Click it, Chicken Little!

Couldn't happen to a nicer group of guys.

Offline

 

#41 2013-01-17 08:14:51

Watson calls bullshit on IBM researchers.

Offline

 

#42 2013-01-17 16:55:46

I had a feeling that wouldn't go well.  Teach a three year old a bad word and he's gonna run around using it...

Offline

 

#45 2013-03-01 12:22:45

Offline

 

#46 2013-03-05 21:34:38

http://high-street.org/uploads/11_nellisreaper.jpg

From left to right:

AGM-114 Hellfire  (x2)
Paveway
Mk-83 (with TDD)
AGM-144 Hellfire (x2)


Good luck with that AR-15/AK-47

Last edited by Emmeran (2013-03-05 21:36:15)

Offline

 

#47 2013-03-07 16:29:23

Despite all my rage, I'm still just an internet enabled, brain-to-brain linked rat in a cage.

Offline

 

#48 2013-03-07 16:50:19

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Despite all my rage, I'm still just an internet enabled, brain-to-brain linked rat in a cage.

I like how you did that.

Offline

 

#51 2013-03-26 17:07:35

Skynet v1.0 in Pakistan.

http://drones.pitchinteractive.com

Start remembering to look up.

Offline

 

#52 2013-03-28 04:37:45

lechero wrote:

Skynet v1.0 in Pakistan.

http://drones.pitchinteractive.com

Start remembering to look up.

http://www.techsavvyed.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/missile-command.gif

Offline

 

#53 2013-03-29 23:39:46

http://high-street.org/img/riseoftherobots.png

Offline

 

#54 2013-04-03 11:48:42

http://high-street.org/img/radiopoliceautomaton.jpg


http://high-street.org/sidepic/spacealiens09.jpg

Offline

 

#56 2013-04-09 11:15:19

Our kids are so fucked...

Last edited by Emmeran (2013-04-10 09:15:24)

Offline

 

#57 2013-04-10 09:15:36

Offline

 

#58 2013-04-14 03:23:11

Offline

 

#59 2013-04-15 10:06:20

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7268014592/h070C7250/

Click it with your laser.

Last edited by GooberMcNutly (2013-04-15 10:17:57)

Offline

 

#60 2013-04-15 10:49:26

OK - that's fucking scary

Offline

 

#61 2013-04-18 13:06:40

Not really a robot, but a good way to find killer robots with default passwords.

Offline

 

#62 2013-05-04 08:38:47

http://high-street.org/uploads/11_tiny_flyer.jpg


(Click of course)

Offline

 

#63 2013-05-04 16:59:22

Be part of the solution. Enlarge the Drone Shield.

Set up a cheap open source networked sensor on your house and help us watch the watchers.

http://high-street.org/uploads/359_drone_shield.jpg

Offline

 

Board footer

high-street.org